cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Help with opting out of the upcoming £4 charge - can someone please help me??

5 REPLIES 5
JohnDoe
Popular Poster
have tried to make contact with someone, anyone at TalkTalk today to advise that I wish to opt out of the upcoming £4 charge for TalkTalk TV.
I have telephoned the contact line number and been referred to text dialogue, asked for my name and home telephone number which I promplty supplied. It is now 65+ minutes later and there has been no further response besides a prompt from me 27 minutes after the last contact.

How can a company start a dialogue with a customer who is trying to sort something out and then leave them hanging without a response in a manner like this?? 

Every time I have needed to contact Customer Services it has been such a stressful experience and it seems to be getting worse. I am a longterm customer since 25/02/2012 and am less likely to positively recommend TalkTalk the more I deal with Customer Services.

Can someone please help with this as I cannot get any response from Customer Services?

Many Thanks. 
ferguson
Community Star

I suspect agents are very busy dealing with queries arising from this change. Have you tried Live Chat? Other than that the team here can sort this for you if you would prefer.

JohnDoe
Popular Poster

Many thanks for the prompt reply. I have tried phoning and live chat but to no avail. I would really appreciate it if you could help.

Community Team

Hi

I can opt you out of the upcoming TV charge but I'll need to confirm some security details to access your account.  I'll send a PM separately with the info required.

Please note however that when you opt out of TalkTalk TV you will lose access to add and remove TV Boosts flexibly.  You will lose access to TV Boost on demand content via the TalkTalk player.  You will also lose access to TV on the go services via the web and Mobile App.

Also, any current recordings you have made from a Boost channel will stop working when you are no longer subscribed to that channel.

Thanks

Karl.

JohnDoe
Popular Poster
Many thanks Karl, I have however now managed to opt out and get this sorted. "I have just opted out of this 'deal', dialogue started with TalkTalk at 11.03am and after using telephone, email and text I finally managed to get sorted out at 5.51pm - that is almost 6 hours of mucking about to cancel something I never wanted nor asked for. Absolutely shocking custom (dis)service".
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi JohnDoe

Glad to hear you have managed to sort this out via other channels.

Thanks

Karl.