cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Hide Channels launched today for YouView Retail boxes

9 REPLIES
Visionman
Wizz Kid

This new feature, which has differencies to the old, is now called 'Edit Channels'.

Though it should be noted this returning feature is for hiding channels IN THE GUIDE ONLY.

It should also be noted one can now unhide an individual channel (as opposed to the lot) which is a big leap forward.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/humax-software-update-28-35-0?_ga=2.7694351...

Visionman
Wizz Kid
ferguson
Community Star

Maybe there will be a more positive reaction when this update reaches TalkTalk Huawei boxes.  :)

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Visionman

I'd already told the CS's and for TT Huawei clients it's probably just rubbing salt into the wound.

Very few people just browse this community unlike the YV site.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
ferguson
Community Star

@fre55die I don't quite understand what you mean, I think there are plenty of people on here who will be interested in this. We have had many members expressing their frustration over the disappearance of hide channels, but as I say they will need to wait for the Huawei box updates. Once those arrive I am sure we will see some positive feedback.

fre55die
Community Star

@ferguson

I think that it's quite clear what I said and yes when TT roll it out there will be a lot of happy bunnies. !!

TT clients coming here are usually looking for a solution to a specific problem whilst the YV site also acts as a news platform. !!

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
stevebrum74
Wizz Kid

Thank you for the info, i wasnt aware that my box had updated..... now i can kill those damn shopping channels :)

KevinJH
Popular Poster

Good to hear about this - now we can get rid of all the @rap that appeared over the last couple of weeks.....  Thanks for the advisory ;-)

Visionman
Wizz Kid

Thanks for the thanks, guys.

BTW, the placeholder channels, ie 'This channel has moved to....' will be gone within a week.

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Visionman

I've hidden them !!! LOL