cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to turn the TV on ? (sorry for the low level question :)

5 REPLIES 5
christine GIRAUD
Chatterbox

Hello ! We haven't used our TV for years and our tenants are asking how to turn it on. At the moment they only got to a message on the screen "no signals"... Any suggestions ? Many thanks !

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Christine

No signals means that the TV is on and working but not getting any signals from the TV antenna or set-top box.  Presumably they've checked the antenna cable is plugged in to the back of the TV and any connected TV Box is on and they're using the TV remote to select the TV Box.  Press the Source or Input selector button on the TV remote to select a TV Box.

You'll need to explain to me what the normal use of the TV is.

1. Just with an external TV aerial

2. With a YouView TV Box or a Satellite TV Box

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

christine GIRAUD
Chatterbox

Many thanks for your answer. We are talktalk users so I supposed there is TV box ? I believe they checked all the cables.

Highlighted
Gondola
Community Star

Hi Christine

The 'no signals' message on the TV will mean that the TV Box is not switched on. If the TV Box is connected to the TV using the normal connection of an HDMI cable then switching on the TV Box will automatically get the TV to switch to the TV Box HDMI input.

Here's a video to help them set up your TalkTalk TV Box

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

christine GIRAUD
Chatterbox

Great ! Thank you !

fre55die
Community Star

Hi Christine

One thing that they don't mention in the set up guide is that you should enable the "Antenna Out" on the TT box : YV button on TT remote > Settings (on screen) > Picture & Sound > Enable Antenna Out.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.