cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Huawai youview box stopped working

5 REPLIES
davz_y
First Timer

My talk talk box has been playing up for some time now, but today it just won't turn on at all.  Have tried the following and when I reset it, it goes to waking up, but then nothing.

- pressing reset button at the back

- changing HDMI cable

- changing remotes

This has happened before, but usually it comes on in the end.  We've also been struggling with the following:

- box going on mute, even though we haven't pressed the mute button then we have to restart it

- netflix freezing, then only reloading to 25%

- random programmes not recording

- not connecting to the internet

Last time I checked, we'd been keeping up to date with the system updates. 

Only got the box in January - do I need a new one already?  There always seems to be something wrong with these boxes - very frustrating!

Community Team

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

davz_y
First Timer

Done

Community Team

Hi

A replacement box is on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Billyboy75
Visitor

I have the same problem, but talktalk say  they cannot send me a new box, engineer attended Monday 5th, did factory rest, but Thursday all I get is a black screen, Huawai box lights toggling

fre55die
Community Star

hi @Billyboy75

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately. Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information, Settings, Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.