Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Huawei DN370T Youview box appears to be dead

7 REPLIES
zicoian
Team Player

My Youview box has worked fine since I received it in 2013 - until yesterday when it refused to boot up when I pressed the front power button.  I switched it off and on again using the rear power button and then pressed the front power button, but all that happens when I do that now is that the front three lights "rotate" forever and nothing is displayed on screen.  I've tried to access the maintenance menu by pressing the '+' and '-' buttons immediately after the front power button but there is no response.

Is there anything else to try or is the box dead?

Community Team

Hi

It looks to have failed.  I'll have this replaced for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

zicoian
Team Player

Thanks Karl

Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

zicoian
Team Player

Hi Karl,

The new box arrived this afternoon and it appears to be working fine so far.

I know this is a stupid question but (just in case) I take it that there is no way to retrieve the recordings from the old box?  In any case, I'll return the old box early next week.

Community Team

Hi

Currently there is no way to retrieve the recordings from the box. 

This is just one of the many things our TV Teams are looking at for the future.

Thanks

Karl. 

zicoian
Team Player

Thanks for your help Karl.  I returned it via the Royal Mail this morning.

Community Team

Excellent, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Karl.