Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Huawei DN372T Regular Problems

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Wise Owl

I have had  my Youview Box for 8 months and over that time have regular on-going problems common with many other users. Recurring problems with lack of response to remote control, freezing picture and failure to record. Regular resets as advised are now my only solution. In my opinion taking account of these regular reports of common problems is that this Huawei Youview Box is questionably not fit for purpose. What I and I suspect others would like to know is what TalkTalk are proposing, as surely they must have concerns with these Huawei Boxes,to provide  customers with a reliable Youview Box? It would be interesting to know statistically what percentage of the boxes supplied have subsequently had problems. I hope TT have solutions.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Have you tried the full factory reset from the settings menu ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Wise Owl
Hello Karl
I have carried factory resets, both keep recordings and delete recordings via the menu presented when using the box front + and - buttons.

Are you suggesting another method? I know there is a factory reset button within the box menus but I have never used that.
Highlighted

Hi

OK, I'll get the box swapped out for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Thanks Karl

I look forward to receiving a replacement box. Just one question will it be a new DN372T or a reworked version and when should I expect it to arrive?

Highlighted

Hi

It will be a DN372 model and could arrive Tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hello Karl

Replacement box received, installed and fingers now crossed for hopefully future relative trouble free operation.

All working ok at the moment.

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted

Excellent, thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi Karl

Well after my first impressions unfortunately things are now not looking so good for my replacement box.

My replacement Youview Box has now started with problems (it seems these Huawei 372 Boxes are nothing but problems, not a reliable piece of equipment for your service users of Youview).

I have only had the replacement for just over a week and now it has frozen twice. What I mean is that it will not respond to the remote. It all works again after a soft reset (switching off at the back then restarting the box).

Where do we go from here as this is on course to be more problematic than my old box?

Highlighted

Hi

Try a full factory reset from the setting menu, then set the box back up and see if it works any better.  I usually reset a new box before using it so the hard drive is clear and set up correctly.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Ok Karl will do.

I consider I am getting quite a dab hand at resetting the Huawei boxes. It's a pitty talktalk cannot provide a better piece of equipment. These episodes could very well be on my mind when my contract next comes up for renewal.

I will report back if I have any further problems. To allow for a reasonable time lapse for me to get a clearer picture on how this box is performing could you please keep this post open for at least a further month?

Hi

The post will still be here.  

Our devices team are always looking to the future and I'm sure an updated box will happen.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips