cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Huawei TV box catch up players not working.

ANSWERED
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Participant

I've got Huawei tv box that only BBC Iplayer works on. No other player w  orks and I just get the message "programme currently not available". I have had this problem for years but used other devices instead. I have recently upgraded to fibre and want to use the Huawei tv box more but I'm not able to. I have tried to speak to talk talk support but still no joy as they don't seem to understand the problem. If I can't use subscription free catch up I won't be signing up for premium ones.

user5000
Highlighted
Community Star

Is your box connected to your router directly via Ethernet, or are you using powerline adapters? If the latter, have you tested with a direct connection?

Highlighted
Participant

It's currently connected through Powerline Adaptors. I haven't tried with a wired connection. Is it worth trying this?

user5000
Highlighted
Participant

I've just tried with a wired connection but get t same problem.

user5000
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi

Is there an aerial connected to the Box.  Some of the on demand players require an aerial connection to identify the region.

Also, have you tried manually updating the software and players from the youview settings menu.

Try this and if still failing, try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks for feedback. I have tried manually updating the software and players from the youview settings menu.This is also what Talktalk support team suggested. Software is all up to date but still no joy.
I can't see a Youview Maintenance Reset option on my Huawei box just a factory reset option which deletes everything and possibly all software updates.

As BBC Iplayer works and other players load up ok. The YouView support say the problem must lie with the Talktalk box. Unfortunately Talktalk customer support did not offer any further solution.

Is it possible that Talktalk have not obtained the required software updates from ITV, ALL4 and My5 for my Huawei box and this is why they don't work?

user5000
Highlighted
Community Star

Try the instructions here, they are a wee bit more detailed:

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode

Highlighted
Participant

@OCE_Karl Community Team

@ferguson

Thanks for your feedback guys. I'm sorted now tested BBC, ITV & ALL4 and all working ok.

user5000
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi User5000,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks