Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Huawei Youview Box Remote

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Wise Owl

I have a relatively new box (5 months old) and regularly find when I fast forward recordings they go out of control i.e. they will not stop fast forwarding mode when I press the play button on the remote. 

Has anyone experienced the same problem and know of a solution.

My Huawei Box is the DN372T

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'm not aware of any issues specifically, when fast forwarding, what speed are you selecting?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi Karl

It happens when using fastest fast forward speed shown as 30. Lower speeds no problems.

Having said that it doesn't happen everytime for instance last night when I tested it didn't happen at all.

All a bit puzzling but very annoying when it does happen.

I've never experienced this before with any other recorders or DVD players. The question is is it a remote or a huawei box problem?

Highlighted

Hi

You could try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Set the box back up and see if this happens again.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi Karl

So far so good. Did the box reset several days ago and so far no further problems.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi

glad it's behaving as it should 🙂

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi Karl

My Huawei Box Remote fast forward issue has returned, last raised earlier this month.

Since last raising the remote issue I have carried out two factory resets on this relativelly new box, both as you suggested first as a result of the remote issue and then an Amazon Live Football Issue.

The only problem at the moment is with the remote which can go crazy on fast forward and will not readly stop fast forwarding. This usually happens at the higher fast forward speeds and is annoying to say the least.

Can you please look for a further solution?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi

If the same issue occurs on the replacement box then it could be software related rather than an issue with the hardware.

i'll feed this back to our devices teams.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi Karl

Just for clarification the Huawei box I have was supplied byTT in June this year 2019. It is a DN372T.

Thanks for looking further into this annoying fast forwarding problem.

G

Highlighted

Hi

The DN372T box is the only model we are currently supplying.  We no longer supply the earlier DN370T box as this will not support some of the later apps.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips