Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Humax DTR-T2000

15 REPLIES
simonrh
Popular Poster

Given that the talktalk-provided Huawei Youview box is a hopeless pile of junk and it seems unlikely that talktalk are ever going to do anything about either replacing the boxes or sorting out the recordign of sky etc (which until they do is basically a pointless service for me). Has anyone seen if the new Hymax T2000 can record mutlicast channels (i think this is what the sky content is?). I have seen people saying the T1010 can but I was wondering if the new one can do it to? Information on this aspect doesn't seem forthcoming

jclassic1
Wise Owl

As far as I know all the Humax boxes will record the internet channels so I can,t see why it shouldn,t work.

John

djnov
Popular Poster

if it will not have any problems with receiving TalkTalk TV ??

Fibre Large (up to 76Mb)
simonrh
Popular Poster

We have used the T2000 for the last year *without* talktalk tv package (just as a normal youview box) because we were so fed up with the service.

We recently re-enabled talktalk tv and the T2000 still works fine. It shows and records the sky channels as you would expect.

ACC_B
Team Player

I'm aware this is a rather old convo.

Is it still the case that this Humax box will provide full functionality if I substitute it for my existing Huweai box?

Thanks.

simonrh
Popular Poster
Yep, ours still works fine, good box.

Remotes don't last brilliantly but are cheap to replace.

New youview software is not great but that is true of any youview box
ACC_B
Team Player

Thanks for that.

So - you can access (e.g.) Sky Sports using the Humax instead of the TalkTalk-supplied box?

Out of interest - could I re-deploy the TT box in another room?

simonrh
Popular Poster

Never had Sky sports to know but we did take the entertainment boost for a while and it all worked. Our old TT box is now at a relative's house working well enough on stock channels

ACC_B
Team Player

Thanks again :-)

Can anyone out there give me an up-to-date answer on internet channels?

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @ACC_B

I use a HUMAX as my primary box for the ENTERTAINMENT boost and it's fine. Not sure about the SKY SPORTS boost but it should work I know a few people are using it successfully on Humax boxes.

Re moving box, at present you can only have one registered box on each account so if you make a HUMAX box your primary box the TT box will only work for freeview and catch up channels NOT YOUR SUBSCRIBED BOOSTS.

There is talk of Multiroom soon, BUT I don't know any more than that, although the inference  was that it would only be for TT boxes.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
ACC_B
Team Player

Thanks fre55die.

This is fascinating, 'cos I went onto chat from My Account and was told categorically "If it is a non-TalkTalk TV box and you have a TV boost with us, you cannot view your boosts."

Quite keen to get the Humax, but not wanting to have a paperweight instead of a PVR!

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @ACC_B

Absolute GONADS, myself and a number of us on here went down the HUMAX route ages ago and get all subscribed channels. My only limitation on the SPORTS boost is that there seem to have been a lot of technical problems reported on the forum.

If you do go down the Humax route you will have to put the identifier on here and get it registered as your primary box in order to use the boosts.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
ACC_B
Team Player

Sounds good - thanks again.

What do you mean by 'put the identifier on here' - will someone from TalkTalk update my account if I ask nicely?

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @ACC_B

As I said the box needs to be registered on the system to receive your active boosts so if you post a NEW request on this site asking them to make your new box your primary box it will then receive your boosts. You need to post the last 5 digits of the IDENTIFIER (not S/N) (YV button > Settings > Box Information) so that the system can be updated by an OCE.

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

Sonrisa
Sightseer

Hi fre55die,

I have just installed a DTR-T2000 by purely following the instructions provided by Humax. After that, TalkTalk automatically installed its self together with my Sky Sports boost. There was no need to update my device identifier. Thank you TalkTalk for making life easy!

FYI. I purchased a refurbished device directly from Humax for £111 incl. Postage. It appears to be in new condition

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Sonrisa

Now that IS a first !!! LOL

The only problem that I've found with the Humax is that their remote needs to be pointed directly at the box sensor which is slightly to the left of the UP/DOWN circular control on the front, hidden by the silver coating. With a decent torch you can just see it.