Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Huwai box stuck in waking up, replacement required

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Team Player

TV box has been playing up for a few weeks, but today unable to switch on. Powered off and on a few times at back of box, eventually lights appeared.

after taking an age, came up in maintenance mode, stating it was unable to wake up, gave me 5 options, chose the recommended option, 1 software reset.

Box now sitting at waking up, after about 25 minutes, starts to look like it is starting, but then hours black and then back to waking up!

This is now on 3rd loop!

any suggestions?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Update, eventually gone back to maintenance screen, exactly the same message, so now trying factory reset(keep recordings)

Highlighted
Team Player

Further update, exactly the same, now trying usb/internet update!

Highlighted
Team Player

USB/network reset, exactly the same just stuck in a loop! 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have this exact problem too...... I have tried all the resets in maintenance mode, think I need a new TV box. Trouble is Talktalk seem to have removed all the usual links to contacting them from the website. I completely understand the phone lines are reserved for the vulnerable customers.

Any ideas how we ask for a new box? 

Highlighted
Team Player
Never are very good at communicating, have to say COVID-19 just allows them to justify it!
Highlighted
Chatterbox

We're lucky enough to be safe and well, but I've gotta say.... lockdown is going to drag a bit without our TV box 🙄 

Highlighted
Team Player

Now over 7 hours and box still not working, just goes in loop util it says it failed and then starts it all over again!

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Cazgas

I can see that you are leaving us for another supplier. 

as this is being processed no equipment would be replaced.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player

So the fact i am still in contract with you has no bearing on it? I may have to look into consumer law and see if you still have a duty to honour the contract i have with you until i leave. I’ll have a look into it as I have no tv to watch, I’ll let you know how I get on  and your legal department.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

New TV equipment would only be issued providing you enter into a new contract.  As the service is terminating soon, then this would not be repalced,

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES