would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

IPC6023 - Lost all TV boost channels this morning whilst watching a SKY movie

21 REPLIES 21
Graden
Popular Poster

Hi,

I have lost all transmissions on TV boost channels. The programmes are still appearing in the guide, as are the progress bars if I try to show a programme. I am getting error code IPC6023 and a blank screen. I have checked the connections and rebooted my router and the TV box, with no effect. It looks like the on demand channels are still working.

Can you help

Regards

Graden Smith

Graden Smith
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Graden

How is your box connected to the router, is it directly by ethernet cable or Power Line Adaptors.?

IMPORTANT !!!!!!

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Graden
Popular Poster

Power line adaptors. 

Graden Smith
fre55die
Community Star

@Graden

Are they DIRECTLY connected into the sockets without a power strip or adaptor ? Also are all lights SOLID GREEN on both? Are there any intermittent orange or red blinks on either?

Try this :

Turn the box off, then unplug power lead for a couple of minutes.

Re plug in power .

1. Ensure the YouView Box is switched off and is currently connected to the router (the YouView Box will require an internet connection).
  2. Power on YouView using button at the back of the YouView Box.
  3. Start YouView using the power button on the YouView Box front panel and then quickly press and hold both the + and – buttons on the front panel. If you haven’t pressed the buttons together by the time 'YouView Waking Up' is displayed, or you see the 'YouView please wait...' message then try again.
  4. Let go of the + and – buttons once the 'Huawei – Maintenance Mode menu' is displayed.
  5. The + and – buttons on the front panel will navigate the menu. Keep pressing the – button until 2 “factory reset keep recordings” option is highlighted. If you go past the option, simply press the + button to navigate back to the option.
  6. Press the power button on the YouView Box front panel to select the option. This will bring up some information and ask 'Do you want to proceed?'. Press the power button again to confirm.
  7. The YouView Box will now show a progress bar as it downloads software from the internet and installs on the YouView Box. This may take several minutes. Once complete, the YouView Box will restart.
  8. Once the YouView Box restarts, the YouView Box will show the initial setup wizard. You will need to run through the setup wizard including tuning the channels.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

It is also a good idea to restart your router once you have done this.

About 85% of this type of problem are down to the PLA's !!

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Graden
Popular Poster

Directly into the sockets, all lights are green on both.

Graden Smith
fre55die
Community Star

@Graden

Try the Reset as I suggested.

Graden
Popular Poster

I tried the 'factory reset keep recordings' as suggested this morning.

Unfortunately it has not solved the problem!

Graden Smith
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Graden

Hmm, IPC6023 is usually poor internet speed.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/error-messages/fix-for-ipc6023

In settings, Blue button on remote > Settings > Broadband Connection is the box showing as connected?

Can you run a speedtest from a computer or laptop hardwired to the PLA by the box and one from a PC or Laptop HARD WIRED to your router.

Can you try connecting the box to the router by long ethernet cable just to rule out the PLA's ?

Graden
Popular Poster

The box is showing as being connected, which makes sense as the on-demand services are working.

Hardwired download speed is 38.55 mb/s.

PLA download speed is 38.93 mb/s.

So no problem there!

Graden Smith
fre55die
Community Star

@Graden

O.K. Check for updates in the Software Information from Settings on the Menu.

The only other thing that I can think of, after that is to try going to MORE TV and select something from one of your subscription channels in there to play, this will force the system to check your subscriptions and has been known to work.

Well that's all that I can think of. If these don't work then Karl will be back on Monday to do a system check and should pick this up for you.

Graden
Popular Poster

Software is up to date, tried update to make sure.

Also tried playing an on demand sky movie from MORE TV, unfortunately this didn't help either.

Thanks for trying, I'll look forward to hearing from Karl tommorrow.

Graden Smith
fre55die
Community Star

@Graden

Trying the update forces the system to check that's why I suggested it, there was a spate of people losing the "boost" channels a month or so ago which was solved by forcing the box to check for updates.

I hate not solving a problem but Karl should pick it up tomorrow hopefully. It may be worth turning the box off unplugging the router and box from the mains for at least 30 minutes as a last ditch approach as this will clear your sessions.

Sorry for not cracking this problem.

Community Team

Hi Graden,

no issue showing with your line or connection, all looks good.

Are you able to connect the box directly bypassing the adapters to see if these are contributing to the issue?

Thanks

Karl. 

Graden
Popular Poster

Good morning Karl,

Not very easily, I have to move furniture and The router is in a different room. The strange thing was that we were watching a film on SKY MOVIES, we were about half way through when it just went off. It was like somebody had turned switch.

Managed to move everything around, sorry a direct connection has made no difference

Graden Smith
Community Team

Hi Graden,

This is a strange one.  All tests look fine, the connection itself looks perfect, no errors etc but I can see nothing is streaming.

First thing is to swap out the router to make sure it is processing the IPTV data and if this fails then we look towards a multicast engineer.

Thanks

Karl. 

Graden
Popular Poster

Swap out the router?

Graden Smith
Community Team

Hi

Replace the router with another to rule out a hardware issue.  A router is on the way to you so this can be done.

Thanks

Karl. 

Graden
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

I don't know how, did you do something? My problem seems corrected itself this evening. After 3 days of nothing, everything seems to be back to normal. Entertainment and SKY Movie boosts are up and running again!!

Lets hope it stays that way over Christmas.

Many thanks.

Graden Smith
fre55die
Community Star

Hi again @Graden

It sounds like either a router hiccup which using the new router will solve.

My gut feeling still goes to the PLA's though. Where were they from and how old are they ? Did you try the PIN factory reset ?

Community Team

Hi Graden,

So glad to hear the channels have returned.

Regards,

Karl.