would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

IPC6023 error code

ANSWERED
24 REPLIES 24
TT_Cookie
Popular Poster

I’ve gone through the complete help file but without success. 

Despite a reset of the Huawei box and my router, I’m still unable to watch Sky 1 for example. My internet speed is a highly respectable 74 Mbps and I can view films using the Netflix app. 

Any other ideas gratefully accepted. 

fre55die
Community Star

How Is the TT box connected to the router? Is it a direct ethernet cable or Power Line Adapters?

IMPORTANT !!!!!!

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Launch Profile Wizard,put your phone number in box, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
TT_Cookie
Popular Poster

Thank you for your quick response.

The box is linked directly by Ethernet cable. 

Community Team

Hi

All tests here are passing, so everything looks ok, but I can see an increase in errored seconds.

I've a router on the way to you so we can see if this is failing and causing these errors.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
TT_Cookie
Popular Poster

Thank you for the speed of your response Karl, and for sending a replacement router. 

I’ll give that a try and let you know whether we have a solution or not. 

Community Team
TT_Cookie
Popular Poster

I’ve now fitted the new router which arrived today. 

Thankfully, we seem to have Sky1 back, so thank you once again Karl. 

One other issue which keeps cropping up is playback freezing. Most of the recordings will stop for perhaps 10-30 seconds, at least once during playback and then return to normal. 

I’m not sure that this will be cured by the router swap but perhaps you know different?

Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear the new router helps.

If the playback of recorded content keeps freezing,  try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box back up and see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

TT_Cookie
Popular Poster

I’m ahead of you on that one 😉 but unfortunately, it didn’t help 😔

Community Team

Hi

Do you want to try a box swap ?

Karl.

TT_Cookie
Popular Poster

Yes please Karl, I can’t think of any other possible solution. 

Thank you. 

Community Team

Hi

OK, I'll arrange this now.

Thanks

Karl. 

TT_Cookie
Popular Poster

@OCE_Karl wrote:

Hi

OK, I'll arrange this now.

Thanks

Karl. 

The box has now arrived and swapped for the possible faulty one. 

I cannot yet report on the freezing issue with playback, as nothing has been recorded yet, but the missing channel 301 problem has returned. 

It seemed that the earlier router switch solved that one but despite a 74mbps download speed across a directly linked Ethernet cable, all channels in the 300 band are missing. 

I have tried retuning on a number of occasions and despite finding 156 channels, Sky 1 isn’t one of them again 😞

Can you work some more magic please Karl?

TT_Cookie
Popular Poster

I cannot yet report on the freezing issue with playback, as nothing has been recorded yet, but the missing channel 301 problem has returned. 

Oh dear 😞

We’ve just been playing back a recording using the new box and about 40 minutes into an hour programme, the frame froze for almost 30 seconds and then resumed as if nothing was wrong. 

Loobie77
First Timer

Can I say that we've had our new tv box a week and all our entertainment boost channels have disappeared too.  Can't retrieve our recordings.... It watch channels 300 on wards..... What's happening?

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Loobie77

The boost channel problem is usually cured by Blue button on remote > Settings > Software Information > Update Software.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @TT_Cookie

The boost channel problem is usually cured by Blue button on remote > Settings > Software Information > Update Software.

Community Team

Hi

Try the software update as advised by fre55die and let me know if the issue remains.

Thanks

Karl. 

TT_Cookie
Popular Poster

@OCE_Karl wrote:

Hi

Try the software update as advised by fre55die and let me know if the issue remains.

Thanks

Karl. 

Thank you @fre55die and @OCE_Karl but the software was updated to the latest version as part of the re-install procedure. It says that the Component software is currently 3.5.116(9deb70) and the Manufacturer software is 77.47.119

Community Team
Solution

Hi 

The software update check was for the missing boost channels in the guide.

The software will be up to date, so will not be updated, but the reason I ask customers to perform this when the channels are missing, is the system will also check the entitlements and set the correct option in the box at the same time as it checks for any software update.

Thanks

Karl.