would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

IPLAYER BUFFERING, OTHER PLAYERS OK

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Gridders
Team Player

I find BBC iPlayer via my Huawei box suffers frequent buffering.  Other players don't seem to have this problem.   At first I thought the issue might be to do with iPlayer itself, but if I run iPlayer over HDMI cable from laptop to TV it's flawless!  Box is connected to router via powerline adapter, whereas laptop is WiFi.  TV is a Samsung.  Anybody else had this problem or got any suggestions, please?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

It can still be the app on the box itself.

Try Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box back up and this will re-download the player software / app again and then retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Gridders
Team Player

Thanks, Karl,

Didn't help, I'm afraid.  Several minor bufferings (just 1 or 2 seconds) then - well into the chosen programme - prolonged spinning wheel before screen blacks out and BBC error message "Something went wrong...." displays.   As you'll be aware, that message suggests checking internet connection and/or changing screen resolution.  Connection is sometimes lost (more often than not, actually) so I have to reconnect and re-select desired programme to resume, but - less often - internet connection is OK, though I still have to back out and start again!   Frustrating.  And only occurs with iPlayer.......

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

If you try the box direct to the router, does Iplayer still buffer ?

Also, you can try swapping the adapters around, and make sure these are direct into wall sockets.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Gridders
Team Player

Thanks, Karl,

Sorry for delayed response - other things got in the way!  Your suggestion makes sense (process of elimination) and I'll give it a go.   Still find it strange that it's only iPlayer affected, though....

Only problem is that router is on ground floor whereas TV box and TV are on the first floor - hence the powerline adapters - so will take a bit of messing about.  May take a while, but I'll post results here.  

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

OK, let me know how things go.

Karl.