Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

IPS6017

10 REPLIES
GSNMeyer
Chat Champion

Hi folks just upgraded to  "Faster Fibrer" and am now surfing the web at a dizzying 16mbps a huge improvement on the 3-6mbps , but as usual theres a problem now I cant watch rented films or if I try and watch a tv boost channel I get an "error with broadband connection IPC6017" Just spent an hour on the phone with "technical support"  switching routers and tv box on and off but with no luck, needless to say it all worked perfectly before I changed to the new router.Thinking it might be easier to revert to old broadband package ? Any thoughts :>)

Community Team

Hi

The IPC6017 error is usually related to entitlements rather than a connection error.

Try the following : 

Hard Reboot box (using button at the back of the box)

Perform software update (Menu > Settings > Software Information > Update Software > Press OK on remote)

Load More TV (TalkTalk/More TV button on remote)

Select some Boost channel content and see if it will play, or try one of your movies etc.

If still not working, let me know what channel or content is giving the error specifically and i'll have our TV guys take a look.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

GSNMeyer
Chat Champion

Hi Karl
tried all that to no avail,  cant access any of my entertainment boost channels, I get either the 6017, or it asks me to set up the channel then tells me I do not have permissions to set them up, also I can rent films but not watch them.

was all working perfectly well until I upgraded for faster fibre and plugged in the new router

Community Team

Hi

I've asked out TV back office tam to take a look at the entitlement settings for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Community Team

Hi

Our TV teams have asked if you can retest.  

Go to More TV first and select some boost content from there and see if it works.

Thanks

Karl. 

GSNMeyer
Chat Champion

Hi Karl still not worling tried sky 1 and got following message (see attatched). BBC iplayer, stv player, netflix all working normally this has only happened since I upgraded to faster fibre.

thanksIMG_20180416_144133.jpg

Community Team

Hi

Can you please try the following :

Hard Reboot box (using button at the back of the box)

Perform software update (Menu > Settings > Software Information > Update Software > Press OK on remote)

Load More TV (TalkTalk/More TV button on remote) and select some boost content.

then I can confirm if not working to our TV teams.

Thanks

Karl. 

GSNMeyer
Chat Champion

hi karl

rebooted

software update : all up to date

not sure what you mean by the next bit pressed the red  "talktalk" button and slected a boost but it wanted me to subscribe I have the entertainment boost but it only shows 7 boosts none of which were my entertainment boost

Community Team

Hi

When you press the TalkTalk button, in the menu there is an option for More TV.  Did you select this and then choose the boost content from this section.  

Reason I ask, is when selecting from this section, this will force a subscription check.

Thanks

Karl. 

GSNMeyer
Chat Champion

tried late last night and it seems to be working again

Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear they are working now.

Regards,

Karl.