Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent broadband connection

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Hi,

We are experiencing intermittent broadband connection issues in one of the bedrooms - It appears ok in others but no success having moved the router to its limit. Any ideas how I can address this?

Thanks in advance

Lee    

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

Log into the router and manually change the SSID (Wi Fi) name of the 5ghz channel.

I often find it is better to keep the 2 broadcast channels separate.  For example, I have changed mine, and call one Home2Ghz and the other Home5Ghz.  

Some devices can drop the connection when the SSID's remain the same.

Also, you can try manually setting the wifi channel  for each broadcast channel. Try channel 6 for the 2ghz channel and 44 for the 5ghz channel.

There are apps you can download that can show the wireless channels in use.  For example I use WiFi analyser for Android to show the wifi channels in use around me and this allows me to set the least congested channel.

Give this a try and see if the connection improves.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Sorry for the delay, 

I tried to make changes but haven't seen any difference in the room.

Not sure if a coincidence but to make things worse, watching the sky sports channels every 10 mins or so, the picture will freeze, flicker then be ok again !

Highlighted

Hi

Is the TV Box direct to the router with a cable ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

I have ran the Ethernet from the router into the talk talk box - seems to be better. The
problem is I borrowed a long Ethernet as I can’t have the router too close to the box, so not a long term solution. 
This only seems to be recent problem and although pixelating seems to have stopped what does this mean and what do I do now?

many thanks 

lee

Highlighted
Community Star

Staff will be back from Monday,  @Ljj050169.

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted

Hi

If the TV is working ok over ethernet, then this would indicate an issue with the connection over powerline adapters.

I can see the adapters were replaced last week so are relatively new.  

Make sure the adapters are direct into wall sockets where possible, and also see if you are able to test in other sockets.

Depending on the age or condition of your electrical wiring, these devices can suffer if there is an increased resistance in the circuit, a poor earth in a socket etc, so are not always guaranteed to work as efficiently as a direct ethernet connection.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips