Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent loss of sound

7 REPLIES 7
Jayfell
Chatterbox

In last few days we have been experiencing intermittent loss of sound when we are viewing TalkTalk provided channels (we have no problem with Netflix and similar watched through TV login).

I have checked the connections.

Optical sound goes from TV to soundbar (always has)

I moved HDMI from HDMI1 to 3 - problem still occurred., (and back)

TV is and LG OLED55C

Freeview box is a Huawei DN372T

Will do a hard reset if I have to, but any other advice gratefully received to try and resolve this.

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

You can try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Set the TV Box back up and retest.  You can also disconnect soundbar temporarily and see if the sound drops when using the TV speaker, to make sure the optical connection is good.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Jayfell
Chatterbox

Thanks for the reply @OCE_Karl,

I've tried your reccomendations

Set top box loses sound even when playing internal TV speaker.

I have done the soft and hard resets of the box and sound  comes on for short while and then dies.

We are currently watching freesat and listening through the optical wire to soundbar, have also listened through internal TV speakers, again with no problem.

Please advise

Thanks

OCE_Karl

Hi

Have you tried changing the sound output options under the settings menu.

If these do not help, then we may need to try a replacement box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Jayfell
Chatterbox

Thanks for follow up reply @oce-karl ,
Tried again this a.m. your suggestion.
Changed set top box sound settings, and although we did get sound for 45 - 60 minutes it then cut off. I switched off the box (at back) for 30 minutes, let box load and got sound, but again lost the sound after about 45 minutes.

Regards

OCE_Karl

Hi

I'll get a replacement box out to you for testing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Jayfell
Chatterbox
Thank you!
OCE_Karl

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips