cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Internet Channels not working!

ANSWERED
17 REPLIES
Tracy2012
Repeat Guest

I have no internet channels for the last 4 days. Recordings failed. Internet is fine, I'm using it now. Router has been reset as has box.

Anyone got any ideas?

Community Team

Hi

Is the box direct to the router with a cable or via powerline adapters ?

When you select one of the subscription channels from the guide what happens, any errors etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Tracy2012
Repeat Guest
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I get error IPC6023.

It's connected via cable, the on demand TV works, like iPlayer. Just Sky channels that don't.
Internet is connected in the settings menu.
Tracy2012
Repeat Guest
Oh and internet speed test shows nearly 10mb.
Community Team

Hi

I've an updated router on the way to you to see if this is failing to process the TV data signals correctly.

This will be with you soon.

Thanks

Karl. 

Tracy2012
Repeat Guest
Thank you Karl.
Community Team

Hi Tracy

Please test with the new router when this arrives and let me know.

Thanks

Karl. 

Tracy2012
Repeat Guest
Hi Karl,

New router installed, same error :(

What next?
Will a factory reset erase my recordings?

Thanks

Tracy
Community Team

Hi

You can try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 4: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

If this fails then a full factory reset from the youview menu is the next step and this would erase all recordings, but if this option fails the box may need to be swapped and you would lose recordings at that stage.

Thanks

Karl. 

Tracy2012
Repeat Guest
Hi Karl,

I've now tried the maintenance reset and the factory reset and still the same error.

What now?

Thanks
Community Team

Hi

I've rechecked all settings this side and all are correct.  All line tests are clear etc so nothing stands out.

I'll swap out the box and we can retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Tracy2012
Repeat Guest

Ok, new box arrived today and still the same fault, any more ideas?

Tracy2012
Repeat Guest
I wonder if the problem is more software related as it had recently updated when the problem started and when we plugged this new box in, it immediately did an update and this doesn't work.
Could it be this?
Community Team

Hi

I will raise this for an Openreach engineer.

Can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

To confirm you're the account holder can you PM (Personal Message) me with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number
  • Are you the account holder
  • How do we send the bills to you each month
  • What package do you have with TalkTalk

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

Karl

Tracy2012
Repeat Guest

Well, I'm not really happy about the potential charges.  The subscription channels just turned off and the only thing different was the box received an update from Talk Talk.

We have new equipment and have replaced the filter with the new one that was sent. Also tried a new ethernet cable.

We have reliable decent speed Broadband and all other TV services are good.

When you search google for this problem, it's not uncommon either. 

I would be ok with an engineer coming, but not happy about the 'potential charges'

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Tracy,

The Potential Charge conditions are standard for any type of engineer booking and are made by Openreach to all providers just to make sure all the relevant checks have been done and they are not being sent out for no reason.

Can you confirm you accept the Openreach Conditions and I'll request this for you,

Thanks

Karl. 

Tracy2012
Repeat Guest
Solution

Youview box just automatically updated and the internet channels are back, it seems it was the last update after all...

Like I said, nothing changed here when they stopped working other than an update, the new router and box were wired in exactly the same as our previously working configuration for several years, hence the reluctance to pay a fee when the engineer found nothing wrong with our setup!

Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear the channels are working for you now.

Thanks

Karl.