cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Internet not being recognised on Humax Youview Box.

1 REPLY 1
JamieJames
Popular Poster

Hi,

I've been suscessfully using the TalkTalk TV service for a number of years using a Humax box (T1000) with my Super Router HG635 including Sky Sports boosts. 

The last couple of days I noticed that the YouView box was saying there was no internet connection (when it first loads) despite the Wifi working fine. (I'm writing this from our home wifi).  I thought the issue with the box would sort itself out.  But it hasn't. 

When you first power up the device the blue Youview button won't display the current/next programme information. It asks me to check my internet connection.  In addition my Sky Channels weren't working.  It said there was an issue with my internet connection and to reset router / box. 

Last night I tried to a number of things to get the box to recognise the internet. 

Reset Router. (Off / On)  - Multiple Times

Turned off Humax box at back - multiple times.  

Changed the ethernet lead from Humax to Router.

Tried a different port on the router. 

None worked.  So then I tried a software reset on the Humax box (but keep recordings). 

Now the Humax box won't get past the setup stage.  It says there is no internet and to check my cables. 

The box appears to connect to the Router. But at the "Connect to the Internet" stage it fails.  On one of my earlier attempt the IP address changed from 192.168.1.100 to 1.4 so it appeared to have been assigned a new IP Address from the router. 

Now I can't get past the setup stage of the Youview box and it appears quite useless. 

At this point I switched both the Super Router and the Humax box off overnight.  So, they've had 5+ hours without being switched on.  This morning I switched both Router and the Humax box back on and I have the same issue. 

As I say the internet seems to be working fine.  All lights on the Super Router are green and behaving as normal.

Can any Mod or Member advise on what I can do next?  

Thank you

Community Team

Hi

Cannot see any issues with the connection.  Are other devices able to connect to the router / internet via cable etc, so no issues overall with internet connection through the router.

Do you have access to another router for testing, or are you able to test the TV box at a friends connection to rule out a router of possible faulty box?

Thanks

Karl.