cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Is the Email to pause sky sports genuine?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Visitor

Got an email saying that i can pause sky sports, but nothing on your web site.

Is this a genuine email?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Colin

What's the sender address? Always best to check to be safe in these times.  Was the email sent to your MyAccount login email address?  Is your MyAccount login a TalkTalk mailbox?

You'll know if it's from TalkTalk and it's sent to your TalkTalk Mail mailbox sign in then there'll be a yellow security padlock on the From: line. 

So long as you don't reveal personal info please screenshot and post here using the Insert Photos (camera icon) above this Reply area.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

This is a genuine email.  We got the brief last night that these emails were going out.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Highlighted
Team Player

Can I just double-check that the mail from TalkTalk about pausing Sky Sports boost is definitely genuine? I haven't had the service discontinued yet.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Ben

The answer is that TalkTalk are contacting Sky Sports subscribers by email with an offer to suspend a Sky Sports Boost via a link in the email.

Have you received an email from info@consumer.talktalkplc.com

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Gondola

Yes the email was from info@consumer.talktalkplc.com.

The service has not been cut off yet so it got me wondering whether the email was genuine or not. Perhaps there is a delay in actioning this at the moment.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Ben,

The email is genuine.  When you click on the email it will create a form passed to our teams who will then add a credit to the account to cover the Sports boost for the Month, and of course this will be reviewed again after that time.   Your billing run may have already been produced so it's not unusual to see a charge on the current bill, but credits will be added.  

As you can appreciate, with the current situation there are a lot of people self isolating, but all our teams are working hard to support our customers at this unprecedented time, and together, we will get there in the end 🙂

Stay safe and well.

Regards,

Karl. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Ben

The Sky Sports feed will not be cut off and the billing will continue. When you apply to have the Boost suspended the billing team will create a credit for your account for the duration of the 'billing suspension'.

I see that Karl has popped up to give you the details.

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks Carl for the explanation. I was thinking that the actual boost would be cut off whereas your reply and Gondola's make it clear this is not the case and that it is actually a credit.

It's a long time since my last post, but you've been as helpful as always! Keep safe, Ben

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks Gondola for your help. Much appreciated