Is this email a scam?

ANSWERED
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi 

I’ve had a email this morning from talk talk

saying I can pause my sports package but

can only be done on the pause button on the email!

when I clicked on it....

A pop up come up saying the site was not secure 
land I needed a password and user name!!

anyone else had one of these?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Jane

What's the sender address? Always best to check to be safe in these times.  Was the email sent to your MyAccount login email address?  Is your MyAccount login a TalkTalk mailbox?

You'll know if it's from TalkTalk and it's sent to your TalkTalk Mail mailbox sign in then there'll be a yellow security padlock on the From: line. 

So long as you don't reveal personal info please screenshot and post here using the Insert Photos (camera icon) above this Reply area.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

We do have one click emails going out from last night allowing customers to pause Sky Sports.

This can only be done from the email, not through My Account etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Community Star

...As Jane, very wisely points out, if TalkTalk have linked to a website containing insecure content, even if that's just images, then customers will naturally be concerned when the browser reports the site is insecure.

Highlighted

Hi

I Agree, and one for the team to look into.  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player
Highlighted

Hi

Our teams have verified the email and link are genuine and does direct to a HTTPS link.

If you are using the latest version of Google Chrome then this may flag up this warning if any of the images are unsecure links etc, but the email is genuine and you can follow the instructions to opt in to have the sky sports charge suspended for a time.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Jane

Thanks for the screenshots.

I've just left two on display to protect your personal data. All images I've moved to your Community hidden folder.

The mail message is from TalkTalk. It is a real concern that the click.consumer website is seemingly hosted on an insecure server.  Should never happen. Paticularly when customers are asked for their MyAccount login username and password.

I've drawn this to the attention of TalkTalk. The Community manager is right now looking at this for us.

Highlighted
First Timer

I had same email, didn't click on button. Went onto my acc. no mention of it. Chatted to advisor via live chat they didn't know anything. Told me to ring customer service.

Highlighted
Solution

Hi nicwebby

The email is genuine and sent from us.  If you add your home phone number to your Community Profile I can check there is a note on your account confirming the email was sent.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player
Thank you for confirming this.
Yes I am using chrome browser! Time to change over!!
Highlighted

Hi Xxjanexx

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips