Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Issues after fibre upgrade

Community Team

Hi

OK, I'll update the relevant teams.

If you press 'back' on this error does the screen remain blank with the error reappearing a few minutes later or does it then say you need to set up this channel etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

ashscrivens
Chat Champion

Hi Karl,

No its just blank, I have done a master reset on the box and reset up the channels. Its sucessfully found my subscriptions and my subscribed boosts show in the player.

I have also noticed the TV light on the router does flash when tuned to a IP channel so it looks like it recieving the data/stream but just unable to display the image.

I still have the old router just incase you want me try another model or do you want me send this back?

Community Team

Hi Ash

I've had an email back this afternoon from a technical IPTV manager I have been speaking with.

She has found an issue with the data displayed in our diagnostic tool and some configuration anomalies that could also be impacting the performance of your line, not just the TV aspect.

She has passed this to our EAS teams to look into.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

ashscrivens
Chat Champion

I guess it will next week again then.

Thanks 

ashscrivens
Chat Champion
Any Update?
Community Team

Hi

I've emailed our TV colleagues to chase for an update from EAS.

Thanks

Karl. 

ashscrivens
Chat Champion

Thanks, I'm not quite sure what you mean by EAS though?

Community Team

Hi

EAS are a specific team within networks we have escalated this to that look at Access Services.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi

Access networks have made some further changes this side and have asked if you can please fully retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

ashscrivens
Chat Champion

TV BOOST ARE NOW WORKING!! SUCESS! Smiley Face

Speeds are still bouncing around 20-40mb

Community Team

Hi ashscrivens,

Thanks for the PM

The fault ticket is still open, can you run 3 speed tests at different times of day on the My Account speed checker on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router (can you try to make sure that no other devices/applications accessing the internet at the time

Chris

ashscrivens
Chat Champion

Sorry for the delay i have been busy with other things, I am actually now going be moving out the property and taking my TalkTalk services with me.

As I am moving to another property I am happy for the fault to be closed and will get in touch if my new property has any of the same issues.

Thanks for you help with this anyway, if you could inform the complaints team the fault is now fixed.

Thanks

Ash

ashscrivens
Chat Champion

Over the weekend I had 2 strange phone calls from TalkTalk, each time just asking "Is your broadband service working"

I assume this is to close the fault, I have replied yes even though last night it was harldy usable. Fingers crossed moving home fixes all these issues

ashscrivens
Chat Champion

Any chance I could get some responce on this?

ashscrivens
Chat Champion

I sent an email in regarding a refund for the time I had no access to my TV and also the past 3months of poor broadband service, I then got a call again telling me my fault has been reopened. I have now got your fault team to close the fault by discussing this on the phone.

Please can you assist with this, will I be getting any refund/compensation, I have also had to take a day out of work for the pointless engineer visit.

I could argue I could leave the contract with no penalty under ofcom rules as I have not received the min guaranteed speed for way over 6 weeks and still don't.

All I am looking for is a fair refund for the loss and poor service, please can someone at TalkTalk start taking this seriously or i will have no option to raise this with ofcom, i have already sent a complaint email and got nowhere.