cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Just joined talktalk tv and cant work out how to get teletext as there is no button for it i am oap

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

can anyone help please I am not that tech  minded thankyou

diadee
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @diadee 

The BBC's additional services have for some time now been selected by choosing a BBC TV channel on the YouView / TalkTalk TV Box, for example select channel 101, and then selecting the red button.

If you're looking for the 'old-style' text service then that is still there but via the BBC radio channels on the YouView / TalkTalk TV Box and selecting the red button.  e.g. select channel 704 and then press the red button.

Make the most of the red button whilst it's still active as the BBC is to switch off its Red Button teletext service from the start of next year.

Ceefax, the BBC’s analogue teletext service, finished in October 2012 with the switchover to digital. It was replaced by BBC Red Button, which allows viewers to read news and sports content on their TVs.

A BBC spokesperson said the service would be stopped in early 2020 as the broadcaster needed to channel resources into “even better internet-based services”.

The closure of the service marks the end of the BBC’s teletext, 45 years after it began as Ceefax in 1974.

Source: The Guardian 16 Sep 2019

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Thankyou will try that and see what happens diadee

diadee
Highlighted
First Timer

You are a star thanks so much problem solved and helping me  diadee 

diadee