would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Kids Boost On Demand - Programs repeatedly stop/pause on YouView Box

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi TalkTalk Team,

I've got an issue with the Kids Boost On Demand shows.

When viewed via my (BT Humax) YouView Box, the episodes all start fine, but after a short period, typically 1-2 minutes, they all pause. It looks like it should be a buffering/bandwidth problem but my broadband connection is fine and all other services via the YouView Box (iPlayer, All4, Milkshake etc) run perfectly fine with no issues.

Live Kids Boost channels also run flawlessly and the On Demand shows also work as expected on Windows Laptops and Android Tablets.

It seems it's only the YouView Box suffering.

Any ideas I can try to fix this, please?

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Have you tried a hard reboot, or a maintenance reset of the box to see if this clears the issue.   Do you have a Huawei TV box you can test to see if this is limited to the Humax box ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried a factory reset of the Humax but the issue remains. Shows still pause, as though buffering.

I tried a few shows in the TT Huawei box and that ran without issue.

Strange, it used to run fine until recently.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Ok, that is a strange issue, but if it is only affecting the Humax box it may be something to do with the box itself or the current software.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES