cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Kids tv boost not working

37 REPLIES
Julia7
Team Player

My kids tv boost show up in the guide  but don't work just a blank screen. I have phoned customer services 4 times and it's still not resolved. I have had an engineer out who said it's a fault at talktalks end. I have also been sent a new talktalk box and this has still not resolved the problem. I have done several updates and nothing works. Please help

Community Team

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Julia7
Team Player
Done
Becca1994x
First Timer

Hi Karl my TV is doing the same ttg-239 if you could give me a hand please I'd be eternally greatful!

Community Team

Hi Becca1994x

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Community Team

Hi Julia7

I've contacted our TV network teams to confirm the settings at the exchange are correct.

Thanks

Karl. 

Julia7
Team Player

Thank you

Community Team
Julia7
Team Player

My home phone number is already on my profile. Any news yet?

Community Team

Hi Julia

Our networks are having openreach engineers look at the port / exchange equipment on their side.  I'll chase this up.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi Julia7

an engineer has been arranged to look at the exchange config for us.

Thanks

Karl. 

Julia7
Team Player

Hi are we any further forward with this problem.

also is it possible to cancel this service and get a refund for the months I’ve paid for and not received the service. I’ve had no kids boost since May and been trying to sort this problem since then.

thanks

Community Team

Hi Julia

I'm sorry for the delay on this.  We have had a BT engineer to the exchange and they have reported back to say they have reconfigured the VLN for multicast services, basically BT are saying they've fixed it and the TV signals should be coming down the line.

I've raised this to our access network teams who have retested and no Multicast (TV) data can be seen from our side, so basically BT have not fixed it, so our teams have taken this back to them and requested the engineer go back to the exchange.

This is currently in progress now.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi Julia7

Openreach engineer has reported back and confirmed this should be working.

Can you advise if there is any change at your side.

Thanks

Karl. 

Julia7
Team Player

Hi it’s still not working

Julia7
Team Player

If I delete the package off my account and then reinstall it in a couple of days would that work? 

Could you you not add a different package for free to see if that works and then delete it?

ferguson
Community Star

Switch your router off for a full 30 minutes so it can start a new session. In the meantime do a soft reset of the box, press and hold the standby button on the front for around 8 seconds until it restarts. Once you have the router back on let us know if that has helped.

Community Team

Hi Julia

Try the suggestions from ferguson and see if that changes anything.  I've a new router on the way also incase the current router has started to fail and not processing TV signals correctly.

Thanks

Karl. 

Julia7
Team Player

Ok will do 

Community Team

Hi

Router should also arrive by tomorrow, connect this up and let me know asap so I can take this back to our network teams.

Thanks

Karl.