Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Losing picture and sound

ANSWERED
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Wise Owl

While watching live channels the picture and sound cuts out for a couple of seconds, then returns. This happens every few minutes. The aerial goes to the talk talk box and then the TV. The TV picture and sound are fine. This happened last Thursday and Friday morning everything was fine. Box has been restored making no difference. Any further things I can try.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Try swapping the HDMI Cable, and if there are other HDMI ports on the TV, try a different HDMI port.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi Karl

The aerial lead is connected to talk talk box then a HDMI lead to TV. This is how I watch the live programs, and there's no problems with picture or sound. I thought it might be software and tried reset keeping recordings and then full factory reset. No difference, the loss of picture and sound also on any recordings. Software is 72.48.87 last checked 5 Feb2020.  Have tried new HDMI in another socket also tried normal lead from box to TV, still same problem. Any further suggestions, perhaps someone has had similar problems. Thanks David. 

Highlighted

Hi

If you have tried the Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings), then you should try the full factory reset from the settings menu.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Have tried that and a full reset. Have downloaded software. Making no difference. Tried new leads, the only thing I can't try is a different aerial though as the live TV works fine I don't see that can be the problem. I did switch box off and removed the plug. Left it for awhile before resetting. I'm at a loss of what else to do. 

Thanks David.

Highlighted

Hi

We can try swapping out the box to see if that helps.  Do you want to try that?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi Karl,

Yes please. I've sat and thought about it, I don't think it's router because I'm using the aerial. The only thing it can be is the box. Let's see if another box helps. Many thanks David.

Highlighted

Hi

OK, a box is on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi Karl

Many thanks David.

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi Karl

Have received replacement box unfortunately it has been damaged. The aerial in socket is bent. Could you arrange another replacement please? I will return the damaged box by royal mail. Thanks David.

Highlighted

Hi

I'll gate a replacement out and a returns bag for the other unit.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi Karl,

Received replacement box on Monday, everything seems to be fine. Thank you. Have returned damaged replacement will send faulty box on Monday. Thanks for your help. David.

Highlighted
Solution

Hi

Glad I was able to help.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi Karl,

Have posted original faulty box today. Again many thanks. David.