Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Loss of Channels from 22nd June - Closure of the COM8 mux

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Star

This is advanced notice from the YouView Forum. Please note this is a Freeview issue and not a TalkTalk decision.

From 22 June 2020 changes are being made to the way some channels are currently broadcast.

Following a decision by Ofcom to make more bandwidth available for mobile data, and after discussions with channels impacted, the transmitter operator Arqiva has chosen to stop transmitting services on some specific airwaves.

Unfortunately, this means some +1 and HD TV services will be closing. Given the nature of these channels, Freeview viewers won’t lose access to any specific content and can continue watching main channels and access content via on-demand services such as All4 and My5. 

Users will start seeing pop-ups on affected channels from today onwards to inform them of these changes.

Further information on these changes can be found on the Freeview website here

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Freeview advise 'On 22 June you will need to retune to update your TV to keep your TV Guide up to date'.

Arqiva have just advised me that the changes will actually take place around midday on Monday the 22nd of June, so any channel retuning on Freeview / YouView receivers should be done from mid-afternoon onwards.    

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi, have done the retune but also lost other channels as well like 106 BBCFourHD, 107 BBC news hd and 114 QuestHD. Any suggestions please, I've still got these on a Panasonic Freeview Play recorder.
Highlighted
Community Star

Are they in the 780 range as advised in the release on the Freeview link?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Highlighted
Visitor

I've lost itv, ch 4, Ch 5 amongst many since I retuned my TV you view talktalk boxthe 23rd June. I used to get 145 channels, now I get only 100. 

I just bought a new Ariel and reset the box, checked cables etc. Now sure what else to try??

Highlighted
Community Star

@Traceyd8 Hi,
Please start your own thread for help as this was for I formation only, and each case is considered unique and it is easier for support to be given to one person per thread and also less confusing.
To start your thread click the Browse button, then Help With Your Service and select the appropriate category. You will then see a Blue Button "Start A Topic"
Please also note that you should only post back on that thread and not start another on the same topic as multiple posts cause delay to you and others seeking help.

However, the weather could also be having an issue here too. Try taking the aerial out and retuning, you will get 0 channels, but it will clear the Memory in the box, and then retune again with the aerial back in.

Thank you