would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lost tv connection, no tv light on router

ANSWERED
13 REPLIES 13
Bitter1
Team Player

Got a message on screen that tv box has lost connection to internet. Tv light on router has gone out, tried rebooting a few times but still no connection. Broadband and internet are ok.

ferguson
Community Star

Is there any error message showing? Is your TV box connected directly to the router, or are you using powerline adapters?

Bitter1
Team Player

No error message . Tv box is connected directly 

ferguson
Community Star

OK, let's see what the support team can do when they pick up on this, give them the usual day or so to respond.

Bitter1
Team Player

It mentions YVM102, if that’s an error code

Bitter1
Team Player

It’s ok now, it’s come back on .... thanks

fre55die
Community Star
Solution

Hi @Bitter1

Interesting one that. I had exactly the same yesterday, scratched my head and it turned out that the ethernet lead in the router was a bit loose, It may be worth checking the connections.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Bitter1
Team Player

Cancel the last message, it lasted about an hour and it’s gone off again now.

Bitter1
Team Player

I’ve checked the Ethernet connections they seem ok. Nothing had been disturbed before it went off or touched before it came on again and then after about 2 hours it went off again with the loss of the tv light on the router

Bitter1
Team Player

I think I’ve solved the problem now. I use a powered Tp-Link Ethernet switch to connect to the talktalk box ,the tv & an android box . It seems to have gone faulty, I unplugged it’s power chord and reconnected and the router tv light came back on , it’s still working now so all seems ok. Thanks for suggestion of checking connections etc.

Community Team

Hi Bitter1

Can you try another Ethernet lead or port on the router yo see if that helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

Bitter1
Team Player

Still working ok now, so the Ethernet switch box was definitely the problem 

Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear you got to the bottom of this.

Thanks

Karl. 

DavidLiu
Visitor

I have tried turning power on and off, reset the router and pulled the broadband cable out and put back in as well as checking if both ends of the ethernet cable are put in properly. I found out that I had no internet on the TV since yesterday and still have no idea why it's not on.