would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Missing Boost Channels

47 REPLIES
Iain B
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Thanks for you pointer on the posting. Below is my original text.

Like Craiga79, I've also had the boost channels vanish from my service. Thankfully, this happened on Monday after I had watched the F1 on Sunday. Currently I have no phone or broadband issues and I can watch terrestrial TV, recordings and On Demand services. On all Sky sports, Cinema and entertainment boost channels I can view up to date programme guides and select the channels on the set top box. All I get on screen with these channels is the channel logo and the names of the broadcast show with programme countdown, no picture or sound.

I spent some time chatting with the online helpdesk trying to resolve the situation with no sucsess. This included a lengthy chat via 4G mobile whilst they stopped and started my broadband. The upshot is a engineer will call a week today to try and resolve it.

I turned my attention to the forum to try and make some headway and have followed various stirngs trying the suggested points to see if I could rectify the issue.

Now....this is what I've done.

Rebooted both router and box several times. Particularly in a sequential way as per an instruction on another string including factory reset to the router and manual setting of the IP information.

Ive checked the cable connection including replacing the cable just in case....the set top box is always a direct wired connection to the router. No EOM used.

Checked the box software was up to date....it's set to automatically check in the early hours of the morning.

Speed checked the boradband. I have Faster Fibre giving around 24meg. That's fine.

Do you have anything up your sleeve which you may suggest to save an engineer coming out next week to check what's already been done? I can live without some TV without issue but I'm worried about this weekends F1 given I've missed only one race since James Hunts 76' championship.....sad I know but one has to have a passion.

Whilst Im here I'll throw that one out to the community....which one did I miss? 

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

Regards,

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi Iain

I've had a look at all settings here, looked at the database, account, line settings etc, all looks as it should.

I've a replacement router on the way to see if this is failing.  The router can still work for internet / on demand content, but live tv uses a protocol known as igmp.  If this is not being processed correctly by the router then these will fail.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Iain B
Team Player

Evening Karl,

Thank you for looking into this for me. I'll report back once i have the replacement router.

Regards,

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Iain B
Team Player

Evening Karl,

Just home from work and the replacement router had been delivered. I swapped the original out for the replacement and I still have the same issue I'm afraid. I can watch terestrial TV, On demand services, broadband speed is fine but when I select a Boost channel I get on screen information but no picture or sound.

Any other suggestions or point most appreciated. Might it be the set top box which has an issue?

I shall leave the replacement in place for the moment incase you want to look at that or wish me to try anything with it.

Regards,

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi Iain

I've passed this to our TV colleagues to see if there are any issues with the VLAN / circuit from the exchange as all other settings look ok at this end.

Thanks

Karl. 

Iain B
Team Player

Morning Karl,

Thank you for that. I've been checking occasionally to see if the issue has changed. This morning there was a different set of messages when trying the boost channels. I had three diffecert error codes which were showing on a ramdom basis. Theses were IPC6019 / 6012 and 6023.

Otherwise it's still the same....Braodband good and fast, terstrial TV fine and on demand services fine.

Regards,

Iain. 

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi

My TV colleagues have checked the exchange side and are now asking if you can perform a Youview Maintenance Reset 

Try this and see if there is any change in the channels.  Also try accessing some boost content via More TV as this will also check the subscription information.

Thanks

Karl. 

Iain B
Team Player

Hi Karl,

When i hit the linl on yourt previous message 'Youview Maintenance Reset' to get instruction it gives me the message 'Access Denied'.

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Iain B
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Ok. Pre maintenance reset....no direct access to boost via guide, choosing My TV and selecting a channel from the options I was booted out to the progamme running in background.

Post maintenance reset, I selected the option to maintain my recordings, I still have no boost from direcrt access via guide. Selecting My TV and I can now get SKY On Demand films but not from direct access on the channel guide. Still no SKY Sports or Entertaiment boosts. My TV prompts me to subscribe to those boosts.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi

If you follow the on screen steps on one of the channels to subscribe, does this then show the channel.  You wont be charged twice etc, when you follow the on screen steps it checks the subscription status of the channel.

Karl.

Iain B
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your patience.

I don't get the option to subscribe on any channel chosen from the guide or using the direct access channel number. The only option which comes up is when I look at Boosts on My TV in the TV Boosts drop down.....it prompts for payment. However, going along to My Stuff I can access all of the Entertainment and Cinema on demand....Not Sky sports as no on demand programmes but that link questions if I want to stop the sky sports boost so it looks like the subscriptions are all live.

Regards,

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi

I've passed this back to my TV colleagues to see if they can see anything following the reset.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi Iain

Did you have a Brightspark engineer out to look at this for you ?

Also, is the issue still present ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Iain B
Team Player

Morning Karl,

I still have the same issue. As a last check I stripped out everything on the network so just had the set top box running hardwired to the router but no improvement. This included all new cables and a new ADSL filter with the cable from the BT box as short as possible. As soon as the router was fired up the on screen graphic quickly showed broadband had been restored. All services running with good speed but no boost channels.

Could it be a issue with the set top box?

No engineering visit yet as I couldn't get a day when I was off work and home to see an engineer other than late at night which was no good.

Regards,

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi

OK, I'll feed this back to our teams. They are currently checking for any other reports from your region to see if any others have come in.  I'll query the possibility of the box being at fault with them.

Thanks

Karl. 

Iain B
Team Player

Hi,

Thank you once again for your time and assistance.

Regards,

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Community Team

Hi Iain,

Quick question, if you select channel 900, do you see any colours or just a blank screen ?

Karl.

Iain B
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Selecting channel 900 gives a blank screen. It shows channel number, name and progress bar to the bottom of the screen and the time top right but otherwise blank. If you wait you also get the IPC6023 message as with boost channels. All other services reamin working.

Regards,

Iain.

Iain B Dewar