cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Missing Boost Channels

Community Team

Hi

Ok, thanks for clarifying.  Our network teams are also looking at this and they wanted to check.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Make Broadband Better - Join The Sam Knows Trial

Iain B
Team Player

Morning Karl,

Just an update on things. I've substituted the second set top box into place and once booted up it showed the same issues. So, to recap, terrestrial TV, On Demand services including the subscription channels in MY Stuff, broadband and phone are all fine. Just a blank screen when subscription channels are selected from the guide. This includes channel 900.

Shall I leave the second box in place for the moment?

Regards,

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi Iain

I'll pass this across to our network teams.  If one of our network guys needs to give you a call, are you available on the mobile number in your community profile ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Iain B
Team Player

Hi Karl,

I am. Im working on a few things up a ladder etc. If they don't get me straight away I won't be far away from the phone.

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi

Ok, our network teams will try to give you a call.  If unsuccessful they advise they have added your home number to their system so if you call back into talktalk you will go straight through to them when you type in your number.

Thanks

Karl. 

Iain B
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Just an update for you and the community. Just off the phone to a lovely helpful chap from Talk Talk. We had a look at the settings on the new box and the original box over a few swap outs. Everything is ticking the correct boxes so this has been fed back to Open Reach as it would appear to be an exchange fault. 

I'll advise on progress. This could take up to two days. But the sun is shining, the Tennis and footie are on terrestrial TV and more importantly the British F1 GP is on Ch4 ;)

One unexpected thing....my broadband speed is up 3meg to 26meg which is nice.

Regards,

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi Iain

Glad to hear our network colleagues have been in touch.

If this is being logged out to openreach, this will usually be for a multicast engineer to check the port.  If you need to follow up, or need any updates, give us a shout and we can get these for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi Iain B

Just following up on this, how are things?  Are you still having issues with the TV service or have my colleagues in networks been able to resolve this for you ?

Do you need any assistance from me ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Iain B
Team Player

Evening Karl,

Thanks for thw follow up. I was waiting till I got home from work tonight to try things out before getting back to you. I wanted to give Outreach a chance to work on it. Not long home and just checked (7:50pm) and the problem is still there. Still no boost channels. Everything else is spot on.

There was an answer phone message from Talk Talk which wasn't too easy to follow, quality rather than substance. From what I could make out it would appear to be an issue that several people have reported. Otherwise no further information.

Anything whicg you may have to report back would be appreciated in respect of Outreach and what they may have done.

Regards,

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi Iain

I'll speak with our TV teams today and find out where this is up to.

Thanks

Karl. 

Iain B
Team Player

Evening Karl,

Thank you.

Iain

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi Iain

Networks are working with Openreach on this, I think they are arranging another multicast engineer.

There was an incident at the exchange that caused this issue for a few customers on your leg of the network and Openreach have confirmed that the incident itself is resolved however as your service is not working our teams are taking this back to them.  

As soon as I hear back I'll post an update.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi Iain

Latest update.  Networks have followed up with some other customers that were affected by the outage on Tuesday and there are a few that are still not working.  They have reopened the incident and past back to Openreach for further investigation.

Thanks

Karl. 

Iain B
Team Player

Evening Karl,

Thanks for the update.

I checked again this evening and the situation remains the same......everything working fine but still no boost channels. Broadband speeds are up a touch again which is good.

For the record thats two weeks past on Monday when I lost the boost channels.

Regards,

Iain

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi Iain

I know this is a terrible situation, and I usually have things fixed quicker than this, but this is an unusual type of fault. Not seen this happen before with a number of lines, only a single line.  I'll kepp chasing with networks but they are relying on Openreach for updates also.  Don't worry about things like the billing side etc, I'll see you right when this is resolved.

Thanks

Karl. 

Iain B
Team Player

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the reassurace. I'm not the sort that gets too bothered about things....life is far too short. Footie and Tennis is on terrestrial, the sun is shining and the next F1 is over a week away.

Regards,

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Iain B
Team Player

Afternoon Karl,

Just an update from this end....still no boost channels but everything else working fine.

Should I send back a set top box or hang on until things are resolved?

Regards,

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi Iain

I've emailed networks to get an update on this for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Iain B
Team Player

Evening Karl,

Not long home from work. Turned on and checked for boost channels....still the same, no boost and everything else working. That's us coming to the end of week 4 now. Any news?

Regards, 

Iain.

Iain B Dewar
Community Team

Hi Iain

If our networks need to give you a call, what time is best ?

Karl.