Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Missing Boosts?

24 REPLIES
CLP25
Chatterbox

Our entrainment package and sky sports boosts stopped working 2 weeks ago. After spending hours going over the same tests with advisors, that don't work, it's getting frustrating. We've had an engineer out who gave us a new box but then said it's talk talk problem and there's nothing he can do - helpful. 

Our broadband is working, Netflix etc are all fine, just message Ipc6023 on all extra channels. Even channel 900 test channel shows nothing except message ipc6023.

Please help

Suffolklady
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @CLP25

I have escalated this for OCE support for you.

Could you please ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

This is important as without this information you may have to wait for a few extra days for support.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Community Team

Hi CLP25

Add your home number to your Community Profile and i'll look at this for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

CLP25
Chatterbox

Thank you so much. Hopefully information is updated. Still no boost channels this morning.

Suffolklady
Community Team

Hi

All settings look ok, nothing stands out.  I've logged this to networks requesting an Openreach multicast engineer to verify the IPTV traffic at the port / exchange.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

CLP25
Chatterbox

Thank you. Do you know how long this will take?

Suffolklady
Community Team

Hi

This has been logged out and under normal circumstances we expect an engineer to test within 24hrs.

Check back tomorrow and we can see what the reported findings are.  If I hear back from our teams sooner, I'll reply and update you,

Karl.

CLP25
Chatterbox

Hello, is there an update today?

This evening the Guide is available for the entertainment channels and sport as always, but now if you enter a channel number example 301 it says" no information available" where as before would have the tv program information you were trying to watch.

When does out TT contract end please?

Thanks

Suffolklady
Community Team

Hi

The contract ends in April 2019.

The multicast engineer has checked the port and has reported that this is working.  I've asked for this to be logged back to them as not working and requested we check the full circuit end to end.

Thanks

Karl. 

CLP25
Chatterbox

Thanks for the update

something has happened from the week of 18th June and it has not worked since.

It is so disappointing and frustrating. 

I'm looking to cancel our contact, as TT are not able to provide the service we are paying for.

Suffolklady
Community Team

Hi

Nothing has happened as far as we can see, but openreach are always carrying out work that we are unable to see.

Thanks

Karl. 

CLP25
Chatterbox

after speaking with neighbours no one else is having any problem, only us who are with talktalk.

would there be a cost to leaving our contact early? we have been with TT a very long time.

Thanks

Suffolklady
Community Team

Hi

There will always be an early termination fee for cancelling a service when in contract.  For further details you can contact our Loyalty teams and they can advise further.

Thanks

Karl. 

CLP25
Chatterbox

Thank you 

What is their direct information to contact?

Suffolklady
Community Team

Hi

Call us for free on: 0345 172 0088

https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/?contactus=true

Thanks

Karl. 

CLP25
Chatterbox

do you think we will just have to wait for open reach is there nothing else you can recommend at the moment? 

Thank you

Suffolklady
Community Team

Hi

Everything has been checked our side here, so the only answer must be something to do with the hand off from the openreach circuit.  This has been passed back to openreach to progress.

Thanks

Karl. 

CLP25
Chatterbox

I am cancelling the subscription boosts from our account. I'm not paying for something I can not watch. Have TT disconnected the boosts from our account and tried adding them again? 

It is very strange that everything else is working and our internet speed is good, our phone line is good. It's just the boosts. 

Thank you

Suffolklady
Community Team

Hi

IPTV services rely on a different signal than standard internet and it is this that is not reaching your TV box.

All settings are correct with regards to the account so that only leaves the exchange side and we are waiting on Openreach to confirm if this has been checked or if they need to carry out work on the circuit.

I've emailed our network teams to chase for an update.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi CLP25

I've heard back from networks this morning.  Investigations are underway. Openreach have opened an incident as they have a number of reports of this type of issue affecting other customers from this exchange and this looks to be a wider issue at the exchange itself.

i'll let you know as soon as I have more information.

Regards,

Karl.