Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Missing TV Boost (Sky Sports)

8 REPLIES 8
eileenmbayer
First Timer

Hi. I received my TalkTalk tv box earlier, eveything appears to be fine, but my Sky Sports TV Boost appears to be missing/not working. I can see that the boost is acknowledged in the 'My Stuff' area, but the channels do not appear in the guide. If I press '401' for example, I get nothing, no channel is recognised.

I am using the wireless adapters and have tried resetting the router/box/adapters multiple times. I have tried software update search and factory reset, but to no avail. I have watched BBC Iplayer on the box with no problem.

Any advice? Thanks.

eileenmbayer
First Timer

Hi. I received my TalkTalk tv box earlier, eveything appears to be fine, but my Sky Sports TV Boost appears to be missing/not working. I can see that the boost is acknowledged in the 'My Stuff' area, but the channels do not appear in the guide. If I press '401' for example, I get nothing, no channel is recognised.

I am using the wireless adapters and have tried resetting the router/box/adapters multiple times. I have tried software update search and factory reset, but to no avail. I have watched BBC Iplayer on the box with no problem.

Any advice? Thanks.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Eileen

This issue is one that the OCE's (UK-based TalkTalk Community support team) will investigate for you.  I'll draw this topic to their attention and one will respond to you right here to help you.

You may have already done this bit but ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account.

Leave your router powered and connected to the line until you hear from the OCE's.  They'll check the line performance and the router and TV Box and will discuss with you.

Whilst waiting, is it possible to try connecting the TV box to the router with Ethernet cable?  i.e. without the powerline adaptors, as these not passing the multicast signals of the live Sky Sports internet stream or not working sufficiently error free at sufficient speed can cause problems.

You're ok with the On Demand stuff.  Do you receive any other TV Boosts like Sky Cinema or Sky Starter Pack?

Gondola - Community support team

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

eileenmbayer
First Timer

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I can't connect the router direct to the tv box. I only have the one phone socket in the house and it's some distance from the tv area.

I don't have any other TV boosts/packages.

Gondola
Community Star

...Were the powerlines provided by TalkTalk and are all lights on them green?

eileenmbayer
First Timer

Yes and Yes.

Gondola
Community Star

Thanks for confirming, Eileen. 

The TalkTalk powerline adaptors are designed to pass through the TV Boosts and all green means good.

So, just hold on for an OCE to pop up and pick this topic up and investigate further at TalkTalk's end.

Community Team

Hi eileenmbayer

I'm showing the TV box has updated to the correct config now, are the channels showing in the guide and displaying correctly.

Thanks

Karl. 

Wildthingz
Chatterbox

ALL my Sky Sports Channels have gone, no longer visible via OSD, nor do they show in channel tunning within options menu.  But they do show as active in my account.  This is ridiculous. 

I have reset my box, still not there, I have rebooted my LAN adaptors-still no channels, I have also rebooted my router-still no channels.  All this was done in a 1hr20min phone call to CS, talk about winging a service!!!  SICK OF INTERMITTENT AND PERSISTENT ISSUES.  ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.  TIME TO LEAVE!