Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Missing channels

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Participant

Hi,

We are using a Huawei youview box - the same one that we have had for at least four years now - and a longstanding niggle has been gradually getting worse. The problem we have is that various channels just disappear. The programme details and channel info will show if you click the info button, but there is no picture or sound. This probably happens for around 20 channels.

We don't have any broadband problems and the signal strength appears to be fine, and if I retune, the channels will return for a brief time but will disappear again soon after.

As I say, we've had the problem to some extent for a while now, but it seems to be getting worse. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it just the case that the box is nearing the end of its useful life?   

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the message. I did update my details when you sent an email a week or so back, and replied to that email (rather than to the forum post).

All the best,

Pete.

Highlighted

Hi

No line or account issues showing.

I've had a look at the TV Box remotely and the signal strength for all your freeview channels is averaging about 45, with some channels as low as 35.

This could be an aerial issue or distance from transmitter etc.

If you connect the same aerial to a freeview TV, what signal strength is showing for the BBC channels ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Karl,

Thanks for taking a look. My Freeview TV doesn't indicate signal strengths but, having run through all of the channels, I can confirm that all of them are available without any problem. That includes the channels which I can't get, or which I can only get with the picture continuallypixellating or breaking up, on the Youview box. I can also get more stations on the Freeview TV than I can on the Youview box.

Pete.

Highlighted

Hi

Is this with the same aerial connection that you use to the TV box, not a separate lead or splitter etc.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Karl,

Yes, it's the same aerial connection - no splitter, etc. The only difference, of course, is that the aerial lead normally goes into the Youview box and I then use a second lead out of the Youview box into the Freeview TV. I did wonder whether or not that second lead might have something to do with it, but I don't think that can be the case given that some of the channels come through and others don't - I would have expected a uniform response if the second cable was the issue.

Pete.

Highlighted

Hi Pete,

Next option is to swap out the TV Box as the tuner may be at fault.

I'll get this out to you now.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Karl,

Thanks for trying to sort everything out. I appreciate your help. I'll let you know how things go with the new tuner.

Best wishes,

Pete.

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips