Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Missing channels!

ANSWERED
26 REPLIES
CAZZXx
Participant
Hi, I moved house 2 weeks ago and just had engineer out to set up my line. Phone is working fine and internet is fine but i'm only getting standard freeview channels through my youview box...no sky one etc.
When i first turned the youview box on it did a software update and i've checked this again to make sure its all up to date and it is.
Box is connected directly to my router and all is as it should be apart from the missing channels.
Anything i can do please before i need to be put through the torture of calling talk talk?!
fr8ys
Community Star

Hope the following will save you some torture.

Try a YouView Reset and choose option 4 (or Internet/USBRecovery, keep recordings) to keep recordings. I would also suggest that you reboot the router once you have reset the box.

If this works, you will need to reset your future recordings and personal settings. When you select a Sky channel you should then be asked if you wish to set up the channel again.

Let us know how you get on, and if it does not work then please post back and I'll flag it for an OCE to do further checks.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
CAZZXx
Participant
Thank you. Just giving it a go now so fingers crossed!
Will let you know when its done!
CAZZXx
Participant
Unfortunately it hasnt made any difference :/
fr8ys
Community Star

Have you checked your speed? if below 5mps then the channels will not show as this is a minimum speed.

you can check here - http://www.supportal-test.co.uk/

Can you also ensure your personal profile is complete so an OCE can help. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile%3Apersonal-info

I have flagged this for their response.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
CAZZXx
Participant

Trying to do a speed test but internet connection keeps dropping now!

Green internet light and wlan light on my router are constantly flashing...thats not right is it? Tried the usual turning off and back on etc but no change

Community Team

Hi CAZZXx

I've made a change to your line settings, can you please retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

CAZZXx
Participant
Thank you Karl.
I have tried again but no change i'm afraid
Community Team

Hi,

Are you using wireless currently.  I'm showing stable sync at 14.6mb.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

CAZZXx
Participant

Just restarted the router again and it seems more stable now. Still no sky channels though. Missing sky 1 etc still. Tried retuning but still not finding them

Community Team

Hi,

How is the youview box connected to the router- direct with a cable of via powerline adapters ?

Are the channels showing in the guide ?

Any on screen errors ?

Thanks

Karl. 

CAZZXx
Participant

Its connected with the cable. No error messages and not showing in the guide

Community Team

Hi, 

Can you try manually updating the YouView Software. 

On Remote, press Y Button, then select Settings then Device Management from the on screen menu. 

You can then select the options to Update Software. 

Steps: Y Button > Settings > Device Management > Software Update 

When the software is updated, wait a few minutes then check the guide to see if channel 301 is visible.

Thanks

Karl. 

CAZZXx
Participant

Tried this a few times now but just says software is up to date 

Community Team

Hi,

Even though the software is up to date, this will still check the entitlements and set the box config to either unicast - no Sky channels, or multicast - Sky channels.

I've checked here, and a record is created when the box checks the entitlements but the flag is not being set.

I've checked your account settings, and all look correct.  All orders have completed and all package ID's are also showing correctly.

I've raised this to networks to check if this is communicating correctly with the server.

Thanks

Karl. 

CAZZXx
Participant

No idea what any of that means really but thank you Karl. Really appreciate your help :)

CAZZXx
Participant
Arrrgghhh! Internet keeps dropping again and still no tv channels!
Community Team

Hi CAZZXx

I've raised the profile slightly as there are some errors on the line.  Also, a new router is on the way for testing so we can rule out a hardware failure.

With regard to the TV issue, our network teams have picked this up and passed this to our IPTV database teams to see why the Sky channels are not being allowed through.

Thanks

Karl. 

CAZZXx
Participant
Thank you Karl!
Do i need to contact talk talk regarding this at all as i havent heard anything from them about the sky channels. I REALLY dont want to have to phone customer support if i dont need to! I can never get anything resolved over the phone with them!
Community Team

Hi 

This is still with our IPTV database teams who are looking into why the box entitlement flag is set incorrectly.  I've had a look at the TV database and all the settings look correct to me, but for some reason, this is not communicating with the entitlements server.   If you do call our customer teams, they will only be able to tell you it is with the relevant team.

I will chase the team for an update.

Thanks

Karl.