cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My Humax has been hacked by TalkTalk

Highlighted
Team Player
I was responding to Ferguson in the post prior to yours.
Highlighted
Community Star

Neither did I??

Highlighted
Team Player

"Yes, but nor do you have to pay the £4 fee unless you opt for the TalkTalk TV service."

Sorry that must have been the other guy named Feguson who wrote that.

Your statement above that I quoted may have been their intention, but users who have not accepted the TV terms are being charged for the service.

Highlighted
Community Star

I genuinely don't get what you're saying here. I thought we had established that the fee for TalkTalk TV services was optional. I drew attention to the T&Cs merely to point out that they now distinguish between two types of service, whereas hitherto they did not. You seem to be extrapolating something quite different.

Highlighted
Team Player
I suggest you read the posts again.

In what way is it optional if they subscribe me to the service without me asking for it?
The letter I received said also nothing about opting out.

You said
"Yes, but nor do you have to pay the £4 fee unless you opt for the TalkTalk TV service."

You continued

"I know it's a bit clumsy, but it does seem to cover it."

What do you think it covers? A customer is not bound by terms they haven't signed.

Read your post again, then read mine. It makes perfect sense.

If you have nothing more to add and seeing as though this does not concern you and the OCE is dealing with it I don't know why you are even posting.
You seen unable to follow the thread and you were extremely rude to the OP earlier.
Highlighted
Community Star

@jacamoco Excuse me? The fact that we are all trying to discuss something new here with disagreements being expressed does not necessarily make anyone "rude," although you seem to be coming quite close.

And a few things for the record: NOBODY is being charged a fee for TalkTalk TV at the moment, it hasn't even been introduced for heaven's sake.

Second, the topic wasn't even about the charge to begin with, it was about the OP's aversion to what he calls "branding" which even you described at some length as irrelevant, before hastily deleting your post.

Third, OCE Karl has already arranged for the OP to have the charge removed.

Finally, your bombastic approach is helping no-one, I suggest you do as I suggested earlier and wait for further information from OCE Karl.

Highlighted
Insightful One

@ferguson wrote:

The latest T&Cs distinguish between two TV services:

Screenshot 2019-01-18 at 15.04.12.png

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/media/pdf/legal/TalkTalk_Customer_Terms_and_Conditions_v20181213.pdf

I would just like to point out that I am purely a Broadband and Telephone customer and as such I do not want either of the TV services so  the TV Ts&C's should not  apply and I shouldn't have access to the TV store.

With regard to some of the later posts I would just like to point out the the imposition of a £4 charge for TV from Feb 8th is a corporate decision and the sending out of letters to those it should not apply to is probably a corporate *@#][!![]'#[@#]!*-up.  Under the circumstances Karl is doing a very good job with dealing with the many threads relating to the charge while also doing a good job of trying to deal with my queries and objections to talktalk's imposition of TV services on non TV customers.  Whilst others should be and are free and welcome to contribute this thread can we please try and keep it relevant and non-personal.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Agreed on all counts. Its been a discussion not confrontation. Thumbs_up

Highlighted
First Timer

i hae to agree   this is not branding ist a hack  i got an email today about £4 charge  and was told because i had a box (bt humax) i will have to pay ,not told about any opt out. with this and afew months ago them putting £3 on the 'essensial' sim they told me would be free as long as i was a customer im  movimg to another supplier

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi bobwats99,

If you start your own thread the OCEs will help you. Its been found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when your looking for an answer. Its also easier and quicker if they can chat with you directly in your own thread and not someone elses.

Highlighted
Team Player

Any update on what's causing Talktalk to automatically enroll some non TV customers with YouView boxes?

In this thread there's Birchcroft, bobwats99 and myself with this issue.

The other 2 have Humax boxes, I have my own ex Talktalk box.

I have an email from a "Talktalk Consumer PR Manger" confirming this was due to me having a YouView box connected, but with no details at all.

Highlighted
Community Star

@jacamoco  If you start your own topic I am sure the support team will be happy to respond.

Highlighted
Team Player
I did, and it hasn't been responded to.

The thread with 3 users with the same issue is good enough for me.
Cheers though 🙂

I'll await an OCE tomorrow.
Highlighted
Community Star

Sorry to hear that, if you can post a link to your own thread I will be happy to escalate it to the OCE in case it has been missed. 

Highlighted
Insightful One

With regard to the £4 charge I think it has probably got well past each person starting their own thread, rather there should be a pinned statement which says what you should do if:

1.  You have your own box and don't subscribe to talktalk TV.

2. Your a talktalk TV customer who wishes to cancel the service, in order that you don't have to pay.  

It should also make it clear what  TV channels/services you get as a non-TV customer.

This should then reduce the number of threads and thus the OCE's workload.  It would indicate that talktalk have taken on board the comments so far and are addressing the situation as a whole rather than only being reactive to those customers who complain.

And of course, given not all customers are members of the forum, it would be better still if they proactively contacted the non-TV customers and apologized for the mistake and made it clear they did not have to pay it.

Meanwhile this thread could continue to discuss the hacking/branding issue.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Birchcroft

As explained to you already, your box has not been hacked, branding is not a hack, and is something that is applied via the youview software based on the service provider you connect to.  If you connect the box to a BT line this would be branded with the BT logo.  If you do not wish the box to have any branding then simply do not connect the box to a line.

@jacamoco  - You starter your own thread here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/Talktalk-FRAUDULENT-4-charge/m-p/2301140#M133691

I have answered but you have not continued the conversation.

Also, to add, for the benefit of all, customers must have their own thread so each individual issue can be picked up and addressed.  With multiple customers in one thread it is difficult to keep up and we risk some customers being missed.  Alternatively some customers may also forget to respond to their original threads 🙂

This particular thread has been answered and is now repeating in circles, so this thread will be locked.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Insightful One

In a previous thread, My Humax has been hacked by TalkTalk, which is now locked you stated:

"With regards to the second point, I've emailed our TV product manager to clarify the branding that is shown when your box receives the updates when connected to our network, but I do suspect the answer will be similar to that given, that this cannot be changed when connecting any youview equipment to our service."

You did not provide any feedback as to what the TV Product Manager said, so did you ever recieve a reply from the TV Product Manager?  If so would you please let me know what it was.

Cheers

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

This has been confirmed the branding is added via youview based on the line / provider this is connected to when the software is downloaded.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE