Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My Powerline Adaptor stopped working.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Participant

How do i progress this?

I have followed the advice on resets etc. The lights on one adaptor still fail to function.

I have seen other similar posts on the community. The OCE reply asks for telephone number to identify account. The box I am writing in said not to include personal details? 

Look forward to TT response

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'll get a replacement set of adapters out to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks Karl

I seem to be getting the hang of community posts to clear up issues post co-vid.

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

My power line adaptor has also stopped working. I have also followed the online advice. One unit lights up every time, usually minus the middle "home" light. The other unit has intermittently stopped working over the past couple of months, and today has stopped working three times, after only a few minutes. It now seems totally dead.

I don't know if this is significant, but I seem to have two identical units - not the "receiver" and "transmitter" indicated in the troubleshooting advice.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Karl

Thanks for sending out the replacement PowerLine Adaptors(Network Connectors) so quickly. 
Unfortunately the Network Connector connected to my TalkTalk TV Box  flickers red. The one connected to the router alternates between green, red and orange.

The router is located in the our bedroom, where the Open Reach master socket is. The TT TV Box is in the lounge which is the next room to the bedroom in our apartment. A distance of about 12 metres.  There is one internal wall and a wardrobe between the two items. Both connectors are fitted to wall sockets. before the PowerLine Adaptors stopped working earlier in the week, they were both flickering green.

Despite this the Netflix App seems to be working.
I assume adding another connector to a socket on the internal wall, between the wall the master socket/router is on and the wall where the TV Box power socket and network connector’s power socket is, will not boost the signal? I tried it with the one PowerLine Adaptor that was still working. It seemed to take out the PowerLine light completely. Resulting in an error message on the TV stating there was no internet connection.

l would be grateful for your thoughts.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @sandj1 

It sounds like your elecricity circuit is at fault, could you please try using another socket, even using the other one if it is a double socket. You are using adapters directly into wall sockets and not using an extension lead for them aren't you ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted

Hello, we’ve recently moved house and since then our power line adaptor has stopped working. The little house symbol in the middle does not light up anymore. I have followed all the reset instructions but it still doesn’t work.

Please advise how best to get this resolved.

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Star

@Mike Grr and @PurpleAli, you both need to start your own thread for your particular problem,  even if it seems similar to the original poster's story. 

Check the the forum guidelines to help you navigate around. 

To start your own thread go to the list of messages on this board and click Start a Topic. 

@PurpleAli, you will also need to complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

After posting, wait for a response from staff. They will have a backlog from the end of the week to catch up on, and work on here Monday-Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Participant

1.I had a thread with OCE Karl who sent replacements for my PowerLine adaptors when one stopped working

2 On Friday I reported the new adaptors were showing red on the Powerlight button. the one one connected to the TT TV Box was continuously red.

3 Before the Powerline adaptor died the Powerline light was green.

4 At the weekend fre55ie (community star) intervened. He reminded 3 contributors to start their own thread. He said it sounded like my electricity circuit was at fault. Everything else in the house including broadband internet was working fine. He asked me to swop the connector into a different wall socket and asked if they were  connected via extension sockets.

5. They were not in extension sockets, I had stated this in my Friday post. switching sockets had no effect.

6 Tonight half way through watching a programme on Netflix it froze and the error warning stating could not connect returned (YVM102)

6. Can Karl OCE please return to the thread as a matter of urgency. I do not know what to do next.

Highlighted

Hi @sandj1

I'll get a set of adapters and returns bag out to you.

If the replacement adapters do the same thing then this will show that there is an issue with the electrical circuit they are connected to.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant
If there is a problem with the electrical circuit would I need to book an electrician or an Open Reach engineer
Highlighted

Hi

The electrical circuit would have to be addressed by your own electrician. Openreach will only look at the phone line.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant
Helpful response
Highlighted
Participant

Thanks OCE Karl the replacement connectors arrived over the weekend. They are working properly and I have access to the apps.

Much appreciated 

Sandj1

Highlighted

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips