would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My TV Boosts Enquiry

8 REPLIES 8
brianhillard
Super Duper Contributor

Hi.

I have always had Sky One, Two, Living and Sky Sports News as part of my package.

Recently, I took advantage of the Black Friday deal for Sky Cinema.

Everything is fine, except, all of a sudden I have access to channels I haven't subcribed to, and I want to make sure that I am not being charged for them.

I saw them in my subscribed list and wondered why.

Could you look into this please?

I now have access to the entertainkment package it appears with Fox and Comedy Central etc.

Like I said, very worrying because I haven't subscribed to them.

I only noticed after enabling Sky Cinema, so I don't know how long they have been available to me as I have never watched any other entertainment boost channel other than Sky One.

Many thanks.

Brian

A space bar. My kingdom for a space bar.
Community Team

Hi

If you log into My Account and look under TB boosts, you can then see all your TV boosts.  This will show what is subscribed and any commitment period.

Thanks

Karl. 

brianhillard
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks, I intend to.

But the one overriding issue here is that I haven't suscribed to those channels!

The only time I have made a change in close to a year was to subscribe to Sky Cinema!

Has there been a change to boosts than I am not aware of?

Is Sky and Sky Two still part of my package?

Because I have the TV Select Boost that  I haven't enabled.

If I disable it, will I still have Sky One?

I am the only one with the password, and I haven't touched my boosts in quite some time.

*******Edit********

It is confirmed. As an old legacy customer, I had the TV Starter boost that was part of my package.

Someone at TalkTalk has placed me on the TV Select Booost.

This means if I cancel the rogue boost I will probably loose Sky One!

This is beyond a joke 😞

Thanks.

Community Team

Hi

i'm only showing the TV select boost you have had since January, and the Sky Cinema boost from a few days ago.

Thanks

Karl. 

brianhillard
Super Duper Contributor

I just checked my records. The Select Boost was un-subscribed to the following month, because of a lack of content. But it's still  on my account.

I only Want Sky One etc, like I did on my legacy package, that was part of my account.

If I cancel this boost (again) will I still have Sky One?

Community Team

Hi

Sky one is part of the TV Select boost.  There are no included channels, so if you want Sky one etc, you have to take the Starter Boost.

Thanks

Karl. 

brianhillard
Super Duper Contributor

It does appear that I am subscribed to the Select Boost.

I will have to double check those other channels again.

I was on the legacy Starter Boost.

Can I be put back on that?

Thanks.

brianhillard
Super Duper Contributor

I know what has happened now.
Sometime ago i subscribed to the Entertainment 31 channel boost as a special offer.
I then removed this boost a month or two later due to lack of content.
Then it appears someone at TalkTalk put me on the Select Boost, instead of the Legacy Starter Boost I had for years.

Community Team

Hi

There is no legacy starter boost any more, customers moving to a new contract are offered the Select boost for the Basic channels such as Sky1 / 2 etc.

Thanks

Karl.