Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My TalkTalk TV box has stopped working

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi. My TV box has been problematic for the last few weeks. I've tried soft reset, hard reset, update software but the problems persist. It regularly turns itself off and I end up having to disconnect everything then reconnecting to get it to start up. I've done the factory reset a couple of times which hasn't gone down well as all previous recordings are wiped. How do I get a replacement box? My contract is due for renewal on 27th May, would I get e replacement when the contract is renewed ? Thanks for any help on this one

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Oh, and also, the box regularly does not record programs and quite often the playback picture freezes but the sound continues and rewinding does not cure this problem.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

A replacement TV Box is on the way to you.

This should arrive within the next 48hrs.

Regards,

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you so much, that is greatly appreciated.

Highlighted

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi. My replacement TalkTalk TV Box arrived today and all seems to be working fine. There was no handset with the package but my old handset seems to be working with the new box. I notice in the setup instructions, the handset described has 'Menu' and 'More TV' whereas my old handset has 'YouView' and 'TalkTalk' buttons.

Are the functions of these buttons the same on both handset types ?

Highlighted

Hi

the functions are the same and you can use the old remote with the new box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips