Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My YouView box won't turn & can't get past the "Loading" stage

8 REPLIES 8
bcaine
First Timer

A few days ago it stopped recording and has become very slow even though the hard drive is less than 50% full.  Now the box won't get past the "Loading" stage of startup and turn on.

fr8ys
Community Star

Have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / RF loop through / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

Hope it works but if not then please let us know and I’ll flag for further assistance.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
bcaine
First Timer
Hi Steve, i've tried this but it still hasn't worked.
fr8ys
Community Star

Hi,
I've escalated to the OCE for you.
You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi bcaine

Let me know when you have added the home phone number to your 'Community Profile' and I'll get a replacement box out to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

bcaine
First Timer
Karl, i've updated my phone number to profile.
OCE_Karl

Hi

A replacement TV Box is on the way to you.

This should arrive within the next 48hrs.

Regards,

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

bcaine
First Timer
The box arrived but there wasn’t a controller inside and i threw my old one out when recycling the defective box
OCE_Karl

Hi

I'll get a remote out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips