Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My Youview box keeps disconnecting from the internet

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Karl

The replacement powerlines arrived today, I excitedly unpacked them plugged them in and...

nothing, I couldn't even get them to connect, at least I could get the old ones to work a bit, it must be the house wiring, which is annoying as it was only re-wired a couple of years ago. It's a shame the Youview box can't connect by wifi. I think my only option is to have my router moved so the box can connect directly

Feeling depressed 😞

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Try the powerlines in a double wall socket side by side and see if these pair up.  This is a good way to test them.

I use my Youview Box wirelessly, so it can be done.  

This is not official you understand, not something TalkTalk supply, but I use a TP Link WR702N nano router I picked up from amazon.  There is a later model, the WR802N.  They are relatively inexpensive, but if you do look into this, don't make the same mistake as me, and actually read the instructions.

Karl.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi 

I did as you suggested and I did get them to connect but it's a very fragile connection. I think I will go down the route of the nano router and try to connect by wifi, which should be interesting. I'll keep you informed of my progress

Thanks

Nick 

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Karl

My nano router arrived today, I installed it after carefully reading the instructions as you suggested and I'm pleased to say my youview box is now working perfectly. Thank you for your help and advise. What should I do with the powerlines you sent me?

Many Thanks

Nick

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Nick

Glad to hear the wireless option is working for you. 

You can hold on to the adapters for now.

Thanks

Karl.