Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Netflix issues!

13 REPLIES 13
Tami91
Chatterbox

So I signed up to Netflix through my YouView box about 2 months ago and then I was having problems with the YouView box so reset it and then my Netflix account just vanished. I couldn't log in to the account after trying my email address, it kept saying their is no account with that email address and i also tried logging in on the Netflix website using my number too and no luck.

I rang TalkTalk to try solve the problem for them to tell me to ring Netflix as they do not hold any of my Netflix account information.

So I rang Netflix and they said have no information about my account. It was like my account doesn't exist anymore and because I signed up through my TalkTalk account, Netflix do not have my card payment details which I use to pay the bill so they could not help me. 😣 Rang TalkTalk again to explain that Netflix do not have any of my account information and that my Netflix bill is paid through TalkTalk so hopefully they could cancel Netflix on my TalkTalk account or they could stop the billing as I am still being charged for Netflix on my account but I am unable to log in to the account to use it, but no luck.. they say they can not stop the billing. I keep going around in circles with the issue and it's driving me mad, someone must be receiving the payments and be able to stop it! 

T. Carroll
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Tami91

Are you sure that the E-mail and password that you tried to sign into Netflix are the ones that you used when you set up your Netflix account with them ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
fre55die
Community Star

@Tami91 Have you used any other devices for NETFLIX as if you do, your login details should be saved on there. When setting up the account you would have been asked for a back up E-mail account or phone number to use for recovery of your account.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Tami91
Chatterbox
No I only signed up on my YouView box and when I went on the Netflix website to try log in using my phone it didn't recognise the email address so it was not a forgotten password issue and also when I rang Netflix they asked for my mobile number and the card i use to pay for Netflix through my talktalk bill and they didn't recognise any of them. Anyway I have created a new Netflix account using the same email address I used to create the other one and if the other account still exist then it would not allow me to create a new account using the same email address would it? Yet I am still being charged for Netflix through my talktalk bill.
T. Carroll
Tami91
Chatterbox
Yes there is only one email address I use and it wasn't recognised even when I rang Netflix they couldn't find the account using my email address, my mobile number or the card number I use to pay through talktalk
T. Carroll
ferguson
Community Star

I doubt they will recognise the card details because you pay via TalkTalk, not them directly. Are they aware of this? Is there any kind of reference on the TalkTalk bill? Are you sure that you didn't register with a different email address?

Tami91
Chatterbox
Yes I told them that I registered through TalkTalk. Talktalk have even spoken to Netflix to try solve the issue but still no luck.
T. Carroll
ferguson
Community Star

OK, this all seems rather odd. I have escalated this for a member of the TalkTalk team here on the community to have a look. Make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account.  

Community Team

Hi Tami91

Our colleagues have raised this to our CEO teams for investigation.  The CEO teams will communicate directly with you to discuss this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Tami91
Chatterbox
I haven't already been in touch with talktalk ceo numerous times and still haven't come to a solution, it's and on going issue that needs sorting and them telling me to get in touch with Netflix is a waste of time as they can't do anything.
T. Carroll
Community Team

Hi

Now the case is with our CEO Teams we are not allowed to be involved, this will be assigned to a CEO case manager and they will contact you directly.

Thanks

Karl. 

Lew76
Team Player

I have similar problem. I signed up to NETFLIX on the 11th of this month the yesterday tried to set ip Netflx on my laptop only to have the message that no account can be found for my email address.

I then went back to my talktalk youview box and went into settings  and it said my email was as I have been using but it would not accept my password.

L v John
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Lew76

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

You have posted on a year old post so it is unlikely to be picked up by the OCE's and I can't escalate it for you !!

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information, Settings, Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

Lew76
Team Player

Thanks for the info will make sure I start new threads. Also I Have updated my profile to include my home telephone number.

L v John