Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Netflix issues

11 REPLIES 11
johnhowarth
Participant
I have had Netflix issues for months now. I have spoken to TT and they asked me factory reset my Youview box which I did. The problem is similar to others in your forum. Netflix will freeze and my remote will have no effect. I have to power off the box and wait a long time for it to 'wake up' again. I don't use the Youview box for Netflix any longer. I watch Netflix by casting from my phone to the 2nd HDMI port. This works a treat which would indicate that the router is ok. I am hearing impaired and find that Netflix in Youview has poor a subtitle function ranging from non-existent to out of sync.. I don't have the issue when casting. I have asked TT for a replacement Youview box but they seem to have closed the incident. I have had a similar problem with the All4 channel but not as regular as with Netflix. Is it possible to check the box by a replacement?
I have a fibre connection.
Regards
John Howarth
Community Team

Hi

Is the youview box connected directly to the router with a cable or do you use powerline adapters ?

Thanks

Karl. 

johnhowarth
Participant
Hi Karl,
I use Powerline adaptors.
Many thanks
John
Community Team

Hi

Are the adapters direct into wall sockets and do the lights on the adapters remain green?

Is it possible to connect the TV box directly to the router bypassing the adapters to rule these out as a possible source of the issue ?

Thanks

Karl. 

johnhowarth
Participant

Hi Karl,

I connected the Youview box using a direct ethernet cable. I then reset the router and Youview box. When I tried Netflix I was still having issues.

I then reverted to the Power line adaptor and reset the router and box. The Youview was initially responsive to the remote and didn't freeze but after a while the fault returned.

Kind regards

John

Community Team

Hi John

Do you want to try a replacement box to see if this resolves ?

Thanks

Karl. 

johnhowarth
Participant

Thank you Karl. That would be great. I thought I may resolve it by putting the box on a timer to reboot each evening but it froze again last night whilst watching a Netflix film.

Kind regards

John 

Community Team

Hi John

The new box is on the way.

Thanks

Karl. 

johnhowarth
Participant

Many thanks Karl

Kind regards

John

Community Team
johnhowarth
Participant

Hi Karl,

Youview box arrived today. I'll try in for a few days and let you know the outcome.

Kind regards

John

Community Team