would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Router

ANSWERED
11 REPLIES
robrhy
Participant

How do i get a new router.Had this one since Nov.2016.

robrhy
Participant

Anyone?

Gondola
Community Star

What model router? I guess it's an HG633?

Did you know that the HG633 has just has a makeover with V2 firmware?  More features now for wi-fi management than the DSL-3782. 

Gondola - Community support team *

To appreciate my support  . . .  If I helped with a solution Best Answer

robrhy
Participant

@Gondolawrote:

What model router? I guess it's an HG633?

Did you know that the HG633 has just has a makeover with V2 firmware?  More features now for wi-fi management than the DSL-3782. 

Yes HG633.

Gondola
Community Star

Would you like to be one of the first to experience the V2 firmware for the HG633?

robrhy
Participant

@Gondolawrote:

Would you like to be one of the first to experience the V2 firmware for the HG633?

Yes please.

Gondola
Community Star

I'll recommend you for an upgrade.

This topic is now awaiting the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team of OCE's and they'll respond to you right here to help you regarding a router firmware upgrade.

Upgrades are delivered by Remote Management so just make sure your router has this re-enabled if you've previously switched it off.

You may have already done this bit but ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your current landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account and select your line for the download.

Leave your router powered and connected to the line until the OCE's reply here.  They'll check the HG633 router and either update the firmware or schedule an update via the update server and check with you that it's working ok.

robrhy
Participant

@Gondolawrote:

I'll recommend you for an upgrade.

This topic is now awaiting the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team of OCE's and they'll respond to you right here to help you regarding a router firmware upgrade.

Upgrades are delivered by Remote Management so just make sure your router has this re-enabled if you've previously switched it off.

You may have already done this bit but ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your current landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account and select your line for the download.

Leave your router powered and connected to the line until the OCE's reply here.  They'll check the HG633 router and either update the firmware or schedule an update via the update server and check with you that it's working ok.

OK.Thanks for your help.

Community Team
Solution

Hi

I've updated the router firmware, give this a try and see if performance improves.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

Marg56
First Timer
Yes please
Marg56
fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Marg56

Do you have problems with your Huawei 633 router ?

If so could you please start your own thread for support explaining what problems you are having as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately. Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information, Settings, Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
t123alx
Chatterbox

my router is over 2 years old.  it went thru an upgrade a couple of months ago.  the engineer at the time said it has had seen better days.  a few weeks ago the range started to decrease.  i can ger up to 70 download in my lounge but my bedroom shows 9 max.  i can no longer use my laptop in the bedroom.  phone is the same.  tv box buffers.  all talktalk agents want to do is checks.  neighbour thru wall let me connect to his (sky)  download was at 50.  neighbour next door gave me a virgin router to try.  same results.  great.  but talktalk just do checks.  i was chatting to them for 3 hrs y/day and got nowhere.  help.   alex.

alex dougan