Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New TV Box

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I received a new TV box this morning. However, I haven’t ordered one and haven’t changed my contract. It looks exactly the same as my existing box which I think is about 3 years old. The assistant on Chat was confusing but just told me it was a new box so I could “update the software”. I don’t want to install it unless I really have to as everything is currently working fine. Will I actually notice any difference in service between the two boxes? Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Star

@albany150 you'll only know if there are significant difference for you by plugging out in. It's a bit like Pandora's box, go on give it a try, nothing will change on your existing box.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I received a new box two days ago also not requested haven't plugged in yet but hopefully better than one I have which constantly freezes will have to watch all recordings first.

Highlighted

I have received a new box too. Didn't order it, it just arrived. Doesn't seem to be any problem with my current one, so have just left it in the box. Do I have to use it to continue getting the service cos I haven't got a clue how to set it up

Highlighted

Ive received a new box too unexpectedly. Mine hasnt a remote included. Is yours in the box?

Highlighted
Community Star

You will have received a new box because your old one no longer supports all YouView services and updates. You don't have to use it if you don't want to. New remotes are not included because the existing ones should continue to work.

Highlighted
Visitor

Love that several people have received a new youview box even without requesting one!!!  Reported mine wasn’t working a week ago .....1 hour chat later and was assured my remote was the problem! A new remote received after 3 days....no difference to broken set top box....very frustrating talktalk...limited staff taking calls and web chat, why wasn’t this sorted when I first called??

regards.

Bakerbynature
Highlighted

@albany150 

Same for me. I didn't order it either and I didn't plug it in until today. Set it up and all ok until I went to MyTV and ALL my recordings are gone! 

Think I might replug my old box back in.