Did you mean: 
Need help?

New paramount channel

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi 

I’ve seen the adverts for the new Paramount network channel.  It’s not showing on my TV guide on my Youview box or normal tv. I’ve retuned them both and it’s still not appearing. When googling I discovered that it has replaced spike+1 which I’ve never had.

Any ideas? 

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @ermintrude75

The Paramount Network doesn't go live until 07:55pm tonight.  It will be on Channel 57 on your TalkTalk TV Box. 

The channel isn't active yet so try later.  Retuning is the correct thing to do if you see a Spike+1 placeholder on channel 57.

However, Channel 57 is currently broadcast in a digital multiplex group of tv channels called COM7 that is not available everywhere in the UK. Go to DigitalUK's website and put in your postcode to see what channels you can expect in your area.  Sometimes that will indicate you ought to be able to receive the COM7 multiplex (or SDN) but because it is broadcast at lower strength than the main channels you may need an external antenna upgrade or antenna booster in order to receive the service.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi Gondola

Thanks I checked on that website and it says I should get 43 channels on the SDN channel at 100%. I’ll go and check and see what other channels are transmitted on this band.

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hi @Gondola

Found the list of channels on Com7. Turns out there are a number of channels that I can’t receive in my area which are on COM7 and COM8. Shame the films looked good

Thanks
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @ermintrude75

Prior to the big retune could you receive these channels? It may be worth calling the Freeview Advice Line free on 0808 100 0288. You may be eligible for free in-home support, including aerial work if needed.

I had the same problem and they replaced my aerial for free.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @ermintrude75

Paramount Network has started broadcasting on Channel 57 wef 01:00.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi

Thanks @Gondola and @fre55die

It just suddenly appeared in the TVguide and can view the channel. 

It was a very stealthy launch. I thought it would appear in the guide showing the programs to entice people to watch the channel and maybe set record for programs when your out. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

...good to know that you can receive Paramount Network ok. 

Paramount Network is using a previously spare slot in the SDN multiplex which is why you're able to receive Channel 57 now but not previously when Spike+1 was on 57 and carried on the COM7 HD multiplex. 

Enjoy.