would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New remote

ANSWERED
11 REPLIES
David951
Wise Owl
Have the new design remote. How do I change it back to control you view box volume. The old remote was vol- plus ok to change back. Does not work on new remote. Anyone found out how to do it yet? David
Community Team

Hi,

Does the reset option work for the new remote :  http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/my-remote-control-not-working

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

David951
Wise Owl
Hi Karl The remote works fine, apart from being able to adjust volume on the you view box. The page up/ down buttons have gone on the new remote but the channel change button does that job. I'm surprised that there isn't a way to change the volume. It does seem to be a long winded way to reset the remote to change it. I asked the question in the hope that the designers would tell us or perhaps another tester might have discovered the trick. It would be inconceivable that the designers would not have put a way to change back if required. We were given a separate thread to report any problems but that doesn't seem to be looked at any more. David
Community Team

Hi David,

As the new style remote is in a Trial phase at the moment I'll drop an email to our Trials manager and see there is a correct way to reset the remote,

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

David951
Wise Owl
Thanks Karl, I still have the old remote so I can change the you view box volume. It does seem silly to have three remotes when they must of though about changing the volume. Thanks again. David
Community Team

Hi David,

OK, if you can use the old remote to up the youview volume, that should help. I've had a reply to advise there is a way to reset the remotes etc, but as the remote was still in a trial phase, this was not published as yet, but they will pass me the details over.

Thanks

Karl.

David951
Wise Owl
Have tried reset remote by using your instructions. Nothing seems to be working.have removed batteries, put one the wrong way round. Holding you view and ok buttons together does nothing. Any news from the boffins. Cheers David.
Community Team
Solution

Hi David,

To reset the new remote :

Press 1 & 6 together for 3 seconds – Red LED turns on.

Enter code : 9 8 1

Red light will blink and remote will be set to Factory Settings.

Thanks

Karl.

David951
Wise Owl
Thanks Karl, Worked fine, now I can get rid of one remote. Cheers David.
Ajdmpl
First Timer

Hi. I found this thread as I am having the same problem. Doing the reset described above does mean that the remote goes back to controlling the volume of the Box not the TV BUT it also removes the setting which meant I can use the remote to turn the TV on and off as well as turn the Box on and off.  It sounded like with the old style remote you could keep the ability to control the TV but just change the volume mode - is there no way to do this with the new remote? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

David951
Wise Owl
Hi Ajdmpl, It was easier with the old remotes but it seems the new one requires resetting. Then adjust the box volume and finally reset to control TV. It's a good job the box volume only needs adjusting after restoring the you view box. It seems a long winded way for a short cut. I'm very surprised there's not an easier way to change the volume. David.
Ajdmpl
First Timer

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately that doesn't solve my issue as I want to be able to use the Box vulume control all the time, not just get back into it and adjust it, before going back to the TV volume.  My TV volume control doesn't do anything because the TV itself has no speakers, we use a sound system which is connected into the Box and hence we need to use the Box volume control.  It appears that there isn't yet a way to keep the connection to be able to turn the TV on and off with the Talk Talk remote, but then change to using the Box volume control permanently.  If anyone does know a way to do this I would really like to know.