would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New tv box and wifi hub

ANSWERED
10 REPLIES
hill4343
Chatterbox

An engineer attended yesterday and set up my new WiFi hub and TV box.  I switched TV on this morning a message about source flashed up on screen then went to message saying No signal and a count down timer at the bottom of this message.  Why?? is this normal?

Mick Hill(smudge)
KeithFrench
Community Star
Solution

Assume this is no signal from the aerial? Are youusing a TalkTalk You view box as well? Please can you explain the setup?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

hill4343
Chatterbox

I think it is a talktalk you view box.  I signed up for faster fibre upgrade and they sent out a TV box, WiFi hub and some special sort of cable to boost signal because can only put WiFi hub in hallway.  An engineer from talktalk set it all up for me because I have disability in bending down.

Mick Hill(smudge)
KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi Mick,

On that case I also assume you are using the TV via the aerial loop through (if so you'll get a signal if you turn on the TalkTalk YouView box. The problem is that the antenna out option in the YouView is disabled by default. You can enable this by going into the YouView settings. I can't remember off hand where it is, but I can check for you later today if needs be.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

hill4343
Chatterbox

Hi Kieth thanks very much for your replies.  Unfortunately I am 72 years old unable to bend and not technically savvy.  I think the TV box was on because it has blue light lit up at front.  I also managed to switch it off at back waited a minute and switched it back on at front all lights started flashing on TV box then settled to just blue light. - think this is how to do reset on TV box from what I googled.  Still same problem though.  Have managed to persuade talktalk to send engineer back out tomorrow to sort problem out.  Will let you know the outcome after he has been.

Mick Hill(smudge)
KeithFrench
Community Star

That's not a problem you do this all from the Remote Control for the YouView box. You do this via:-

YouView > Settings > Picture & Sound > Antenna out

Then turn this on.

Keith

hill4343
Chatterbox

Will try the above thank you

Mick Hill(smudge)
hill4343
Chatterbox

Thanks Kieth for all your help  Engineer came out and sorted it out. Apparently I was starting the tv in the wrong way.  I have to switch TV on wait for stable green light then switch TV box on using the remote.  I didn't even know the remote had a button for TV box was not explained to me when it was installed.  Once again thanks for your help

Mick Hill(smudge)
hill4343
Chatterbox

Kieth you replied to a previous post of mine.  Can you remind me how to do a new post on talktalk community forum I cannot find anywhere that says create post?

Mick Hill(smudge)
KeithFrench
Community Star

No problem.

To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

Keith

hill4343
Chatterbox

Many thanks Kieth I had totally forgot how to do it.  You are a star.

Mick Hill(smudge)