Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New tv box can’t access boost channels

24 REPLIES 24
Rachell73
Popular Poster

Hi I got my tv box a few days ago and although my boost channels are listed in my guide when I try to select one of them I get the message “you need to set up (channel name) or add it to your tv package. Press ok for more details” 

no error message but if you press ok it takes you back to what you were watching before you tried to access a boost channel. Help?!?!! 

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Rachell73
Popular Poster

Hi Karl

ive added my phone number

thanks

rachel

OCE_Karl

Hi Rachel

I'm not showing the TV box registered in the database yet.

Can you try the factory reset from the youview settings menu, then set the box up again following the on screen steps and we can then check to see if it registers here.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Rachell73
Popular Poster

Hi Karl

I’ve done the factory reset

thanks

rachel

OCE_Karl

Hi

I still cannot see the box registered and I'm not showing any logs from the box checking for updates.

How is the TV box connected to the router.  Is this via a cable or are you using powerline adapters ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Rachell73
Popular Poster

Hi 

I’m using Powerline adapters 

rachel

OCE_Karl

Hi Rachel

Are the powerline adapters plugged directly into wall sockets ?

Is the middle light on the adapters green ?

Are you able to watch BBC Iplayer on the box, this will check if it can connect to the internet ?

Is it possible to connect the TV box to the router with a cable during setup ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Rachell73
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

i can watch iplayer, the lights are green and the Powerline adapters are plugged directly into the wall. I do not have an Ethernet cable long enough to connect the router to the tv box.

thanks

rachel

OCE_Karl

Hi

This is a strange one. Is there no way to move the bob nearer the router when resetting it, just during setup, then to place the box back where it is ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Rachell73
Popular Poster

Hi Karl

i could move the box close to the router but it wouldn’t be near the tv! Would that be any good? Failing that I’ll buy an extra long Ethernet cable tomorrow if I can find one.

rachel x

OCE_Karl

Hi

I've seen an issue in rare cases where the box is not registering over powerlines so to rule this out, an ethernet connection is better to test.

A 5 metre ethernet cable is about £5, depending on the distance from the router.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Rachell73
Popular Poster

Hi Karl

i will get cable tomorrow and let you know.

thanks

rachel

Rachell73
Popular Poster

Hi Karl

i have bought a long Ethernet cable today and have connected the box to the router and done a factory reset. I still have the same message when I try to access boost channels...

”you need to set up (channel name) or add it to your tv package. Press ok for more details “ when I press ok I get taken back to the same message.

any ideas? 

Cheers

rachel

OCE_Karl

Hi Rachel,

This is a strange one, the box is not registering.  I initially thought this was a TV issue so I've been doing some investigating here and I think I've found the problem.  The issue is not actually with the TV service, this is just a side effect of another issue.

I've found there is an issue with the broadband connection hitting the wrong port in the exchange.  So the internet may be working for you, but because it's going through the wrong port the information for the TV is not been directed correctly to be matched up with your account database.

I've flagged this to our network teams to get this out to openreach to resolve.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Rachell73
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

im not sure I understand that but thanks for your help

rachel x

OCE_Karl

Hi Rachel

Openreach engineer is going to be out tomorrow 19th AM (8-1).

Is this time ok, will you be available or do you want me to reschedule.

Thanks

Karl.  

Working From Home Tips

Rachell73
Popular Poster

Hi Karl

yes that’s fine I don’t leave for work until 1-30

thanks

rachel x

OCE_Karl

Excellent, I'll check in with you tomorrow afternoon to see how things are going.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Rachell73
Popular Poster

Brilliant thanks x