cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

No Sky TV - just black screen

10 REPLIES
a-plumber
Repeat Guest

For the past few weeks i have had no Sky Sport Channels. When i select a channel all i get is a black screen.

I have contacted the Help Lines and they have done various tests and sent out a new TV Box which when set up is the same as old TV Box.

I have reset the Router and done a factory reset as well. 

Have read all the latest posts for similar Sky Sport issues and have gone through all the tests i could do.

All other channels & internet are working fine. Only the Sky Sport channels are a problem which i really want to watch.

If you can assist me with this i would be very grateful.

I have posted this on other thread but getting no replys / answers!!!

Sounds like i need a new Router looking on similar threads. 

Justin
Community Team

Hi

I've checked everything this side, and all looks correct.

I've also ran a test on the MSAN and this is processing the multicast data.

I've a new router on the way to you to see if this is the issue.

Thanks

Karl. 

a-plumber
Repeat Guest

Thank you for the reply & sending out a new router.

I will let you know once new router arrives.

Justin
Community Team

Hi

No Problem.

Test as soon as the router arrives and let me know.

Karl 

a-plumber
Repeat Guest

Hi Karl

Recieved Router and set it up, but this did not resolve the black screen on Sky Channels.

I went and checked every wire and connection which i assume must be all good as every other channel is working including Now TV (from mobile contract) so i guess that the TV is getting signal it needs from my set up.

Any ideas?

Justin
Community Team

Hi

I've raised this to networks to have the Multicast config checked at the MSAN (exchange equipment)

Thanks

Karl. 

a-plumber
Repeat Guest

Thanks Karl,

How long will this check be?

Should i turn on to Sky Channels daily to see if they come back on? or await your reply when the config test has been done

Justin
Community Team

Hi

I'll chase this up with networks this morning.

Thanks

Karl. 

Community Team

Hi

After a rejoin, networks advise the multicast traffic is low, so they've raised this to our NOC teams to look into.

So in a nutshell, they can see an issue with the TV data that is being sent down the line and have raised it to a higher Network team to pick up,

Thanks

Karl. 

a-plumber
Repeat Guest

Karl & Team,

Many thanks, all Sky Channels now working again.

Hope they stay!!!

At least i know where to come if it goes wrong.

Very Happy.

Justin
Community Team

Hi

Glad to hear the channels are all working for you now.

Regards,

Karl.