11 REPLIES 11
methley3
Team Player

Sky boost unavailable since yesterday Fault YVM102

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Are you still seeing this error ?

Is the TV Box direct to router with a cable or via powerline adapters ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

methley3
Team Player

Hi The problem appears to be no Ethernet light on the powerline connected to the box, the ethernet light is showing on the router end.  Have bought a new set of powerlines but same problem?

OCE_Karl

Hi

Try the powerline adapters in different sockets.

you can also put the adapters side by side in a double wall socket whilst these are paired, then put them back in their original location.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

methley3
Team Player

Hi Karl Have connected my X BOx to the powerline and the ethernet light comes on.  Tried a full reset on YouView box still no ethernet light .

OCE_Karl

Hi

Have you swapped the ethernet cable to the box or tested it ?

Is it possible to test the TV box direct to the router to see if it is working with a direct connection etc ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

methley3
Team Player

Hi Karl  Have tried all suggestions, no change.  Also missing parts of the Guide facility.

OCE_Karl

Hi

Did you try the box with a direct connection ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

methley3
Team Player

Hi Problem is Router in hall, TV in lounge?

OCE_Karl

Hi

It could be the adapters at fault, the Tv box or router, only way to prove either is to try a direct connection to see if this works.  Do you have a longer ethernet cable ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

methley3
Team Player

It is along way from router to tv.  No problems with router as transmitter powerline connected to router shows Ethernet light,  as before the ethernet light on the receiver powerline comes on in the lounge when i connect Xbox or laptop to it.

OCE_Karl

Hi

I'll swap out the TV box and send a returns bag for the other unit to make sure this is not failing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips