cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No TV light showing on router. Unable to access on demand services on you view.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Popular Poster

No TV light on router. Unable to access on demand services on you view. 

Andrew ?
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

When you say on demand, can you access things like BBC Iplayer etc ?

How is the TV Box direct to the router, direct with a cable or are you using powerline adapters.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, I'm unable to access any of the online players such as BBC iPlayer. Our set top box is connected to our router by cable. Hope this helps. 

Regards, Andrew. 

Andrew ?
Highlighted

Hi

Can you try another ethernet cable and try other ports on the back of the router to rule out a faulty cable / port.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, I've tried other ports and no joy with the set top box. We have a hive device connected to the router and this works fine in another port. Unfortunately we don't have a long enough cable to reach the set top box or able to move the router closer. If there is a problem with the cable would the TV light on the router still show? 

Andrew ?
Highlighted

Hi

Is the TV connected via powerline adapters ?

Are all lights green on the adapters ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, apologies for my lack of tech knowledge. What is a power line adapter? The set top box is connected to the socket by its plug. The set top box is connected to the router by ethernet cable and to the TV by hdmi cable. The green lights on the router are always flashing above internet, wireless and ethernet. Sometimes the green ethernet light goes out for very short periods.

Hope this helps. 

Regards, Andrew. 

Andrew ?
Highlighted

Hi

powerline adapters are little plug in adapters that allow the TV box or other devices to receive the signal from the router over your electrical network.

This short video may explain better : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Seqv1acS4

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, definitely don't have any of those. Just an ethernet cable from set top box to router. 

Regards, Andrew. 

Andrew ?
Highlighted

Hi

I've a router on the way to you so we can see if this is failing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, just had notification from DHL the router will be delivered tomorrow (Tuesday 28th). Thanks.

Regards, Andrew. 

Andrew ?
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, the router arrived yesterday. All set up and all is working. Full service is resumed with the set top box. In fact the internet seems slightly faster. 

Thanks for your time in sorting this for me. 

Regards, Andrew. 

Andrew ?
Highlighted

Hi

That's great news, thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips